Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club

Spartwo

Should carriers go first or by standard order  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should carriers go first or by standard order

• Standard order
    • First

They're not tiny, just... bite-sized. :P Also I just found out that the super-light missiles on my sstos do NO DAMAGE to anything.

They just hit and go boom. You guys have some better SSTO ammo?

They are good against other lightly armored targets.

Cupcake uses a similar design and has no issues.

I tried some of Daemons for size. They. Are .Heavy (nearly a ton each)

Well, actually, yes, although I didn't thought about it that way. It really doesn't need lazor part attached to work. So, well... welcome, my new targeting system!

I've been busy.....

Meet the SX-3 Ingressor.

dpmmAKd.png

She carries 6 ZS-made Shredders (or roughly the same amount of 1.25 meter ammo), which fire two at once.

The ship also can broadside with i-beams, and has the space in the barrel and the mounts for 4-5 salvos of forward-facing i-beams.

(I didn't put any on here because the part count would be heavily increased.)

The Ingressor is also equipped with dual-layer hybrid armor, similar to the armor on the newer daeCorp ships.

More pics:

OwwjrXL.png

dJaim1D.png

6pHTDlN.png

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

Sooo... if it is a stupid question then hit me, but would anyone be so kind to put one of his cannon ships to download? It might be some old version or something, I just want to see how it works

EDIT: nice ship, ScriptKitt3h. How many parts and what about mass?

Edited by Tarzan

The Ingressor runs a little under 500 parts (w/ the ammo in the pic), and amazingly weighs only about 77 tons. The high part count is also due to the hybrid armor design.

That's perfect for my new strategy..... :cool:

Edited by ScriptKitt3h
Changed 500 parts to "high"

Sooo... if it is a stupid question then hit me, but would anyone be so kind to put one of his cannon ships to download? It might be some old version or something, I just want to see how it works

EDIT: nice ship, ScriptKitt3h. How many parts and what about mass?

I can send you a new version of Zeus if you want, i just need to finish testing her.

.....Stay still and be a bullet sponge?

EDIT: 500 parts...how!!! I call that too much for a dreadnought.

It's not exactly 500. More like 470 or so. Even then, most of the bloat's from complex ammo, like the Shredders and multiple i-beams.

I also lower the graphics settings slightly to run bigger ships, since my PC's decent, but still lacks in the GPU dept. Anything over 650-725 parts, and I'm in lag city.

Also, even though it only uses 2 LV-Ns, it also has an OK amount of fuel (two of the largest 1.25 meter tank), and has enough SAS and RCS to maneuver very quickly and responsively. I was actually kind of surprised, since my big ships normally are super slow in turning. I might use this like a more powerful, mini-Hawking-class.... *evil laugh*

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

Okay so here's my new 'Zeus' MkII, the paint job is different as to display it as my first ship-of-the-line, she is also my first ship capable of broadside fire.

Tlf8Zck.png

Download: http://www./download/1zxpalijdzxxxpd/%27Zeus%27+Class+Destroyer.craft#39;Zeus'_Class_Destroyer.craft

EDIT: She also uses my new reloadable I-beam missile design, meaning that she can stay in service untill she is completely destroyed. Also, nice ship ScriptKitt3h.

Edited by Megalodon 720

Hey, has anyone seen MinusUdn lately? I posted for our battle (albeit a bit late, I admit), and he hasn't responded.

Oh well, I can wait.

Also, I just had a cool idea. A new type of battle where all ships must be surface craft or SSTOs, except for one SSTO carrier/colony ship that both players deploy all their craft from, and can return their SSTOs to for ammo, fuel, etc. The other, surface-bound ships would have to be dropped in via landers and skycranes, or parachutes. Such a battle over Laythe or Kerbin would be cool.

Thanks, deamon. Does they really need to be this complicated? I mean, Katana (spartwo also send me some of his) is the only one with a part count below 300. Is it really needed? Also, deamon, I have been watching your daeCorp thread, and although I like your ships, most of links seem to be outdated or something. Is it on purpose?

The links are outdated? I'll just have to update them. Apparently Tinyupload lied about hosting files indefinitely...

@ScriptKitt3h- I have been trying to organize a surface battle for months, but every time I make an open challenge, people decide it's a great idea and battle someone else that way instead of me.

It says that they only stay for 100 days

EDIT: 100 days from last download (which is pretty strange as even Tiamat corvette posted in thread 3rd march is outdated. Only tanks are ok)

Edited by Tarzan

Thanks, deamon. Does they really need to be this complicated? I mean, Katana (spartwo also send me some of his) is the only one with a part count below 300. Is it really needed? Also, deamon, I have been watching your daeCorp thread, and although I like your ships, most of links seem to be outdated or something. Is it on purpose?

In order to make the cannons mass worthwhile a ship needs a minimum number of clips which increases with mass. These ships have a minimum mass of 10 tons which are quite a few. Which for people who are less adept at shaving down parts causes it to bloat exponentially.

Edited by Spartwo