Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club

Spartwo

Should carriers go first or by standard order  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should carriers go first or by standard order

• Standard order
    • First

So I have a question, how are ya'll coloring those fancy plates and what not, Link please?

Page 26 of the Kerbpaint thread. There is a maintained and updated version of the mod.

2 I can do the battle but I will have to post my moves after 4pm GMT as that's the time I get home from school, it should work okay though, do you want to decide rules?

Finally somebody in the same time zone.

So along with Cargo SSTOs(TWR!!), large carriers(800 parts so far), interplanetary SSTOs(keeps pitching down), boats(Not so rushed), a siege tank and a fifth attempt at a cannon ship(not going well), I'm also testing out modular ships.

BXlWNmR.png

I can list out each module if you want. The basic idea behind this is an armor frame will be sent up regularly and the rest will be brought by cargo SSTOs (once it works)

@Below version of ScriptKitt3h: that makes me want to do a surface battle.

Edited by Spartwo

Remember that ALS-1 I parked on the ridge in my last battle post?

Pscz8oy.png

I tested its range afterwards....

aZ9g2gD.png

For some perspective, that unit is on top of the gray-sided mountain in the bottom pic.

The TOW hit at around 350 m/s, which is devastatingly perfect. (The smoke's the impact site. I still need to practice long-range missile guidance. :P )

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

ScriptKitt3h, by naval ships do you mean oceanic? If so then I can send you a boat if you want but it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Yes, naval as in oceanic. I appreciate the offer, but there's no need I've already got two prototypes.

One's a rocket launch ship, with 4 guided SRBs loaded Sherwood forest-style, and the other's an almost fully functional patrol boat, with a steel hull and multiple ammo types.

Those are some nice units, and the range on those missiles is brilliant, my longest hit was ~13,599,840,256m from LKO to a large cruiser in low sun orbit.

I actually done it twice because the first missile didn't destroy the target, the second did though.

Edited by Megalodon 720

Those are some nice units, and the range on those missiles is brilliant, my longest hit was ~13,599,840,256m from LKO to a large cruiser in low sun orbit.

I actually done it twice because the first missile didn't destroy the target, the second did though.

Thanks! That's a REALLY LONG long-range hit.

@Spartwo, that's a cool idea with your modular ship project. I think someone tried that quite a ways back, in the Macey Dean ship submissions thread....

...for some reason the ship glitched under high G/impact and just shattered.

@Megalodon - It's okay with me. You can make the rules, but I insist on the place being some small body and a rule of "not leaving SOI", also, if you have it installed I would be really happy if I could use mechjeb but if not I will remove it from my ships. For the ship and weight limit I will comply. If I can make a first move then you can post a persist with your fleet placed tonight (it's 00:08 in my place) and I will make my move tomorrow morning, and I'll also be here after 4pm GMT. If not, I'll submit the persist with my fleet, but send me the rules or I will make them on my own (propably similar to those on page 93)

I just had... an EPIC idea.

Ya'll know how K-Drives act like hover engines in-atmosphere when turned on at low (sub-800 m/s) speeds?

What if we could make flying airships (think Marvel comics "Helicarrier") using that, and use 'em in surface battles?

Plus, since K-Drives don't use throttles, we could leave them floating, for more realism!

What do you guys think? Is it a good idea?

Thanks! That's a REALLY LONG long-range hit.

@Spartwo, that's a cool idea with your modular ship project. I think someone tried that quite a ways back, in the Macey Dean ship submissions thread....

...for some reason the ship glitched under high G/impact and just shattered.

It's quite resilient, there's a skipper on the back and even with that running there is little flexing.

@above once the turn is over the ship will disappear because it's inside the atmosphere. anyway you can just use jet engines.

...Oh crap I've said too much.

I thought about something even smaller, but Dres will do. I think my ships will have enough dV for that. So the person who goes second makes the rules and submits a persist with placed fleet. Who will it be? (but I will be able to do it only after ~11h from now. Also, I am going to sleep right now, I'll see your answer tomorrow)

EDIT: @ScriptKitt3h - I think it could bo ok, but leaving them floating would propably end with just a lot of debris and/or a crash

May I ask what a k drive is because I have absolutely no clue?

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Kraken_Drive

It's basically a type of engine made from parts, that acts a reactionless hover drive, and at orbital speeds (more than 800 m/s), acts as a usable warp drive.

It runs on only one thing: bottled Deep Space Krakens. (a gyro-kraken type game bug)

You could easily go to Jool immediately after making orbit in a tiny, low-fuel ship using a small K-Drive.

Revival Program update:

Finished updating the Faithful corvettes armor. Now weighs less and has more firepower at the cost of heavy armor

Finished re design of the Salvations internal design. Added armor but not that pretty so needs to be redone.

Revival update :

Ships I have decided to scrap:

Gidion class frigate

Trinity class frigate

Archangel class battle cruiser. (Still debating)

Triumphant class battleship

To fill the gap, Gospel class destroyer will be converted to frigate (if unsuccessful Gospel will be donated)