Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club

Spartwo

Should carriers go first or by standard order  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should carriers go first or by standard order

• Standard order
    • First

yeah, mabye as a defence craft, because its awesome when the range is low, but when people (spartwo) goes to like Moho, Dreks just can't fight that kind of battle. Plus, their armor (which is most of their weight) doesn't protect them well anymore (except from small fighter shells). So as a Heavy Cruiser, they do their job well, but only if they have refueling craft with them.

So sure, I'll keep the XIV around for a while, but for right now i wont keep developing them unless something brilliant comes up in my head.

yeah, mabye as a defence craft, because its awesome when the range is low, but when people (spartwo) goes to like Moho, Dreks just can't fight that kind of battle. Plus, their armor (which is most of their weight) doesn't protect them well anymore (except from small fighter shells). So as a Heavy Cruiser, they do their job well, but only if they have refueling craft with them.

So sure, I'll keep the XIV around for a while, but for right now i wont keep developing them unless something brilliant comes up in my head.

Until someone makes a design that can survive a srb, all all armor is good for is fighter protection

Until someone makes a design that can survive a srb, all all armor is good for is fighter protection

Yeah, but some fighters carry missiles that clip through armor at high speed due to phys bugs.

Then there's reactive armor, which is there purely as a sacrificial ship hull, to keep the crew/fuel/engines/ammo inside it safe regardless of how much damage the hull can take on its own.

Also, have you made made your move yet? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Size 3 mega-torps. :cool:

So, daemonCaptrix, I recently DL'ed your Pandora-class, and was so impressed that I made this:

dMrKhn6.png

The SC-09 "Avatar", my first heavy carrier. The smaller ship in the pic is one of my Patrol Frigates.

Comparison shot w/ the Pandora:

32S5AE5.png

Hangar (w/ drone for scale):

dfy0iON.png

Drydocked:

lpb4wZr.png

Battle Of Vall

Project Genesis Fleet

2 Seraph MKII Precision Fighters

Flight Detachment of the 316th Majestic Squadron

Majestic Lead and Majestic Two

k0fD9LB.png

2 Trinity Class Frigates

PGS Trinity and PGS Sound of Revival (PGS SoR will come in later)

Mdiky89.png

The battle begins with Majestic Lead making an attack run on the MU Recon Corvette

CXCVJEw.png

One shot…

XpOyaSk.png

...One Kill

sEhTpuA.png

That one missile split the ship in two sections and the part of origin was in the head. So in southern speak, "I rung that roosters neck"

http://www./download/tm472o20448p63l/persistent.sfs

Edit forgot battle background music

YES IT CHRISTMAS MUSIC BUT IT SOUNDS AWESOME IN LATIN!!!

Edited by War Eagle 1

War Eagle, this is not action music. xD

Lol yeah but really it could be.

Listen to Chandelier from Ace Combat 6. Its epic due to the setting of the battle even though it is a British Boy Choir that sings it.

The tone I was setting was a end of an era and the beginning of a new

Siege Drone Alpha-2 attacks Majestic-2.

GoCK5E9.png

The first shot does some minor damage and spins Majestic 2 around.

xjHnDQJ.png

The second shot does a little more damage, but leaves the ship mostly intact. Out of ammo, the drone shuts down.

6wVUK2o.png

Ia9i2Zx.png

Your turn now, War Eagle.

Persist

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

Lol yeah but really it could be.

Listen to Chandelier from Ace Combat 6. Its epic due to the setting of the battle even though it is a British Boy Choir that sings it.

The tone I was setting was a end of an era and the beginning of a new

THIS is action music...

MU Battlecruiser Dr. Strangekerb drops out of warp to find Alpha Flight ravaged.

In retaliation, Captain Bob Kerman unloads his 20 I-beam rounds on PGS Trinity.

(There is no kill like overkill, people.)

RL6BSGe.png

ckW7RWm.png

Hnng47T.png

oTNqUPz.png

a7NOjWX.png

(The last pic is the initial debris field, and now I feel bad for any Grand Tour ships trying to swing by Vall now... :P)

Dr. Strangekerb powers up its SRB launcher and prepares to defend itself, as its crew looks on in wonder at the wreck of the Trinity.

Ug2ooaM.png

HrtjECZ.png

Your move, War Eagle 1.

Persist

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

In all seriousness... I believe I really pissed off a lot of fanfiction readers... (The story insults people.)

Ah well, I even turned it into a mass effect, halo, korra crossover... with warhammer in the works. What have I made...

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1021778...le-Fanfictions

Ah... I am going to try some new armor methods on my destroyer class...

The weird thing is... my destroyer without armor enhancements could survive dual srb torpedoes. Very curious...

Imaged courtesy of Mr Tegu. It also shows my MAC Cannon being used. MAC's haven't changed that much since I made my first one...

The armor durability evaluation run. The old version of the destroyer.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by andrew123

Ok, Drek 15-3TS is ready, but only a stop-gap. She is 88 tons. Pic will come soon. Ill be willing to battle someone relatively new, because my ships are severely outdated and could never stand up to spartwo or Mr Tegu.

I would battle if I could spare the time, but how does a fight in the future with one or two of my charon and midothian class craft sound? The armor solution for the charon is unproven, and fairly light, but the midlothian has srb survival status now.

Also, Mr. Tegu disappeared after I gave him permission to use my destroyer design (He liked the survivability)... I guess the design really is durable. :) XD

(Do I count as 'new'? I haven't battled before, but I do have a lot of experience with ships. Just don't expect me to field anything lighter than a 98 ton destroyer...)

Edited by andrew123

Ok, Drek 15-3TS is ready, but only a stop-gap. She is 88 tons. Pic will come soon. Ill be willing to battle someone relatively new, because my ships are severely outdated and could never stand up to spartwo or Mr Tegu.

I'm almost done with War Eagle, so if I have time, I'll battle you in the near future. It'd be great for testing out my supercarrier and all-new, never-before-seen SX-2 Gunship

That was the worst attack run I have done in a while (mostly due to a new experimental weapon (guided SRB))

I brought PGS Sound of Revival in to attack the MU Battlecruiser

Took all my missiles because it the SRB's phase through the armor (gosh I hate that glitch)

gLmgDAM.png

eqNp2q2.png

pCurPUt.png

http://www./download/gbyrs2d0zk2at1s/persistent(2).sfs

ScriptKitt3h, Good game. We should do it again sometime

Edited by War Eagle 1

That was the worst attack run I have done in a while (mostly due to a new experimental weapon (guided SRB))

I brought PGS Sound of Revival in to attack the MU Battlecruiser

Took all my missiles because it the SRB's phase through the armor (gosh I hate that glitch)

https://i.imgur.com/gLmgDAM.png

https://i.imgur.com/eqNp2q2.png

https://i.imgur.com/pCurPUt.png

http://www./download/gbyrs2d0zk2at1s/persistent(2).sfs

ScriptKitt3h, Good game. We should do it again sometime

Yeah, that'd be great. However, I probably need to do a few more small matches like this to up my skills.

Ok so after that battle I want ask everyone something

Does it seem like our missiles are passing through armor a lot more, leaving our opponents with less damage?

Seems like with every update, the physics become worse and worse

Ok so after that battle I want ask everyone something

Does it seem like our missiles are passing through armor a lot more, leaving our opponents with less damage?

Seems like with every update, the physics become worse and worse

I dunno about you, but my I-beam torps seem fine. After all, clipping through armor only to detonate a fuel pod is good, right?

However, nothing good can come from SRBs phasing.

I dunno about you, but my I-beam torps seem fine. After all, clipping through armor only to detonate a fuel pod is good, right?

However, nothing good can come from SRBs phasing.

Yep. SRBs are suppose to be Brute Force. IDK why I was getting so little damage from your ship