Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club

Spartwo

Should carriers go first or by standard order  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should carriers go first or by standard order

• Standard order
    • First

If you want, you can bring in another ship to even the odds once you've cycled through all your current ones. (Since it's been a 3v4 battle so far.)

I may do that, so at the very least I can test another hull :P

That being said, would you mind if I brought in a larger ship? I was looking into up-arming a Nugget hull (destiny/fortune, figured the designation was fitting) and while cycling through some designs, I discovered I have a larger (experimental) ship completely finished that has never seen the light of day.

Not sure on its weight right now but I can check later tonight and let you know, if not its no big deal, and I'll just finish the up arming of the Nugget-Class :)

I may do that, so at the very least I can test another hull :P

That being said, would you mind if I brought in a larger ship? I was looking into up-arming a Nugget hull (destiny/fortune, figured the designation was fitting) and while cycling through some designs, I discovered I have a larger (experimental) ship completely finished that has never seen the light of day.

Not sure on its weight right now but I can check later tonight and let you know, if not its no big deal, and I'll just finish the up arming of the Nugget-Class :)

Alright, PM with the info on the ships! :P I'd like to see 'em, since your smaller ones are very nice.

I managed to slice one of your ADA's in half with a 2.5 meter round that weighed 5 tons but that, of course, is not very practical.

Yeah, after a certain point any armor is beatable. However, I try to make my ships as tough as realistically possible, and plan my tactics around that. Adapt to Survive.

//BATTLE UPDATE!//

Mn8ZfpG.png

The ADA, upon a close inspection, was 100% intact internally, but has been flown out to a high orbit to protect it from further punishment. (I took pity on poor ol' Jeb getting shot up like that.)

The MU Recon Corvette MK2 Archer was then ordered to begin an attack run on the BB Destiny

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The Destiny is now crippled, much in the same manner as its sister ship, the Fortune.

Meanwhile, in lower orbit above Laythe... (Ship was moved prior to combat between the Archer and Destiny.)

UckIt35.png

oWZmshV.png

//SX-3 Klue//RETASKED//COMBAT OPERATIONS BEGIN NOW//

Persist:

http://www./download/f1dlq683ky47ci1/persistent(10).sfs

WTB stronger ship internals

I guess on the positive side, they only really die from lots of shaking :P

Oh and awesome picture is awesome, and I feel is actually desktop background worthy (not for me though, I'm being shot at XD)

Edited by BrightBritches

Considering both of the ships I'm considering have survived a drop from 100km I'd say they would survive a few hits from orbit.

That's why I have 64 rods at my disposal, with re-loading ships ready. :P

Edited by ScriptKitt3h
Changed mind on reply.

How do you overcome atmospheric drag?

That's still something that needs to be worked out, and mostly I load it up with i-beam rods w/out probe cores.

(Mainly for part count reasons, although in theory a probe core equipped rod could hit a target from orbit.)

However, the rods still impact at over 100 m/s or more with stock aerodynamics, so they work for their purpose.

Also, are you in any way interested in finishing our surface battle from way way back?

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

I was having repeated crashes and got sick of it so I quit playing KSP, then I kind of forgot.

Man, that sucks. :( Well, I still have the persist tucked away somewhere in my mediafire folders, so I can link to it tomorrow.

Also, I think it was your turn since I went all panicky in my move and spread out my forces a bit to draw ya out.

I sifted through the pages and found the persist file. I'm working on my turn now but you parked everything so far away. xD

------------------------------------------------------

The enemy was parked REALLY far away.

Mj4TE8M.png

Finally within range.

OgsnXj3.png

Three shots. The first one did no damage, but tipped it up on its side. The second one got shot off by accident as I was adjusting the angle.

QUefgrA.png

The third shot took out a wing, leaving the plane (hopefully) crippled.

ypZcgUg.png

The Stub decides to disguise itself as a cactus.

GDDyzIO.png

Persistent

Edited by daemonCaptrix

///Combat Log///

The XD-503 Monitor-C attacked by the Stub was ruined, but the pilot was A-OK, and ready to watch the battle unfold.

0ywcKsO.png

Next, I ordered my second MBT-1A tank, with Bob Kerman in command, to attack the mysterious "Cactus" that had disabled my jet.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The Stub was ultimately flipped upside down, paralyzing it, and was damaged slightly by my i-beam fire. It's driver was being extracted from the wreckage by Bob following the engagement, since neither tank could fight any longer.

(MBT was out of ammo, Stub effectively disabled.)

Persist:

http://www./download/7iactbvbk0uozwn/persistent(11).sfs

Edited by ScriptKitt3h