Update Hype Gauge

Shna_na

On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you about this level of hype/information?  

1. 1. On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you about this level of hype/information?

• 0/1/2 - I don't like this at all. Updates should be a surprise that allows us to explore what's new.
    • 3/4 - I don't like the amount of spoilers they've given and it's taking too long.
    • 5/6 - I like hype, but they're taking too long with this one and spoiled a little too much.
    • 7/8 - I like the hype and am excited for the update, but I'd like less spoilers.
    • 9/10 - I really like this system it should be used frequently. I can't wait!

Moving forward...

Trying to put myself in squad shoes as to how to best manage expectations regarding this current release.

Yes we'd all like to know when. Yes we all know that realistically setting dates is both impossible and will cause more trouble than it's worth if they slip. And, importantly, yes, we all know that we have no entitlement to know, or even any entitlement to *any* future update, but we'd still quite like to know because, well we all quite like KSP.

I'm aware that the official word is along the lines of "we'd like to have it out in April" - which in my mind punts it out to four weeks or so away whilst retaining the possibility of further slippage into May. Yet I'm also aware that many here seem to think/hope it's release is imminent, within the next few days.

Not sure how you'd go about phrasing any further clarification of dates - perhaps you're hoping to have it done by the end of this week but don't want to say as much knowing that come Friday the forums will explode if you're still not quite ready.

Suppose what I'm asking is "do you think it's possible to refine the 'hopefully April' release to something only a little more specific?"

[Apologies if already said, I didn't read the whole thread]

1. Squad's a marketing company - how are they not going to hype their goods.

2. From the sheer number of people posting "when will we get ...." threads there can't be enough hype.

Tbh, i find the complaining at the same time childish and egoistic.

In some of the worse cases, SQUAD even gets open hostility for being honest and open about the state of an 'early access' game, which is just absurd. If you reach that level of anger, you're really just looking like a kid who is unable to deal with emotions and tries to put the blame on someone else. But thats the classic vocal minority, so i'm not really talking about them.

In general, giving information is always better. Furthermore, SQUAD tends to do a great job at summarizing what you'll get, while avoiding clear spoilers. You only get those, if you research further, e.g. look at the part-thread (which actually had a spoiler-sign) or the streams. Dont get me wrong, its completely okay not to want any spoilers or more defined pre-release infos at all. But you can also easily avoid them, so there is no point in complaining in the first place.

The actual problem resulting here is, as shown in the past, that SQUAD, or developers in general, just tend to give out a bit less information after every backlash. It was pretty absurd, when some time ago a new user asked, why SQAD gave out somewhat less extensive infos than before, and the answer was 'people complained over being informed'.

Not that it takes something away from the game or the community itself, it's just pointless. Learn to deal with it.

But idk, maybe i'm also wrong and taking this to serious...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.