Unity 5?

Space_Meerkat

I've been wondering for a bit now:

Will Squad use the new Unity 5? A game like this doesn't belong in 32-bit area (meaning it can only use 2GB) and 2GB? With a game like this, I would be pleased if they upgraded to 64-bit, because at the moment KSP lags quite a lot (I know there are some people who have found ways to counteract this, or have super computers) for me. Thanks in advance!:huh:

Edited by Space_Meerkat

Another ?????
yes ANOTHER!
Unity 5 introduces a 64 bit editor. The version of unity the devs are currently using can already make 64 bit game builds, they're just hilariously unstable.
Thanks! Does that mean that Unity will make another version of the engine that will include a stable build of 64-bit? And if so are the devs waiting for it, or even thinking about turning the game into 64-bit

Thread moved to the Space Lounge, since it's not a gameplay question.

As for the answer to your question: try using the forum's search function, this topic has been addressed many times before :)

Sorry :( Didn't know it had been addressed before.

Keep in mind that Unity 5 was announced to be a thing at GDC. Nothing more, nothing less. There is not even a release date for it. And whatever date it will be released will be in autumn at the earliest, as Unity 4.6 is scheduled for release in summer. And then when it is released, Squad needs to adopt it first. And then existing code needs to be ported to take advantage of the major PhysX version upgrade. And THEN they can think about developing new stuff.

Basically, come back 2015 and ask again :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.