The Grand 0.23.5 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

Restarting my game a few times made them appear. I have 2 D's and 1 C's floating out in deep space now.

By restarting, do you mean leaving and reentering the save, or quitting and opening the game?

I really want to know because asteroids are also not appearing in my game, and I alterady have a probe on Synchronous orbit and two commsats on LKO.

By restarting, do you mean leaving and reentering the save, or quitting and opening the game?

I really want to know because asteroids are also not appearing in my game, and I alterady have a probe on Synchronous orbit and two commsats on LKO.

Quitting and opening the game twice was all it took for my game to get asteroids. First time they weren't there, so I closed out, and relaunched it, then BOOM, Asteroids.

The hotfix for the R&D bug is now up on Steam. Thanks for your patience.

Wow, that was quick! Has the store DL been updated too?

Noticed something new on the maneuver nodes (or was it there before and I'd not noticed?). If you right click on a node you get two icons next to it and clicking them seems to place other nodes, but I don't understand what they are doing.

Any ideas what this does?

1PqPEcFh.jpg

Thanks Squad, for getting this update out, adding yet more awesome and for causing wide spread skepticism and doubt by releasing it on April Fools day!

Wow, that was quick! Has the store DL been updated too?

Noticed something new on the maneuver nodes (or was it there before and I'd not noticed?). If you right click on a node you get two icons next to it and clicking them seems to place other nodes, but I don't understand what they are doing.

Any ideas what this does?

http://i.imgur.com/1PqPEcFh.jpg

Thanks Squad, for getting this update out, adding yet more awesome and for causing wide spread skepticism and doubt by releasing it on April Fools day!

Those buttons put the maneuver node one orbit forward or backwards in time, which comes in handy especially when trying to intercept asteroids swinging by Kerbin.

So I got the update and rolled a new sandbox save to check it out, all the asteroids are class C. Is this something to do with sandbox mode? Has anyone else seen this?

Those buttons put the maneuver node one orbit forward or backwards in time, which comes in handy especially when trying to intercept asteroids swinging by Kerbin.

ah! I see! That's a very cool feature. I'd wanted something like this before for just doing standard craft rendezvous, let-alone asteroids! This will be most helpful, thanks!

So I got the update and rolled a new sandbox save to check it out, all the asteroids are class C. Is this something to do with sandbox mode? Has anyone else seen this?

Just timewarp for some new ones because I also noticed that 90% of my asteroids are class C.

Just timewarp for some new ones because I also noticed that 90% of my asteroids are class C.

Ah, cool, I'll try that. I wonder if I can maybe alter the generation curves in the save file?

Because their impact tolerance tends to be higher than terminal velocity (Wut? :huh:) you can actually just land asteroids on Kerbin safely. They awkwardly roll around and look silly. I suppose somebody who's better at aerobraking is going to turn this into a "who can hit the landing pad on the VAB with an asteroid challenge" but I'm not up to that. In any event, I suggest everyone try this. It's good for the soul!

I'm aiming to crash a medium one into Duna tomorrow with the new and utterly overpowered ion engines :)

Actually, better idea for a challenge: asteroid bocce! Same rules as regular bocce only many, many orders of magnitude larger. With continent sized sandboxes...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.