The Grand 0.23.5 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

Maneuver nodes are now persistent when you switch out of the ship?!?!?!

How has this not been hyped up? This is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

I love this as well (though I almost always used Kerbal Alarm Clock to track my nodes anyway). It also seems to persist nodes in a quicksave.

I also really love the "next/previous" orbit buttons when you right-click the node. Makes planning rendezvous easier when I need a couple orbits to catch up to my target. Previously I'd create "zero-burn" nodes back-to-back to get a couple orbits ahead.

I switched to using the classic space-LEGO logo from back in the early '80s, since I feel like I'm playing with a big explosive LEGO set. It makes me feel right at home. :)

Give, give! :D

Pretty please with suger on top. :)

So....How do you actually start the asteroid mission? I was expecting it to be like a first glance into the missions that will inevitably be on their way sooner or later, but I can't find anything of the sort? Am I just supposed to go out there and grab an asteroid of my own choice or is there an actual mission to do it?

"Customize your flags with adjustable lights and flags"

Anyone know exactly what this *coughredundancycough* line was about? Is this actually about having flags on ship parts?

Anyone know exactly what this *coughredundancycough* line was about? Is this actually about having flags on ship parts?

Yes, mission flags no appear as decals on several ship parts (and someone said EVA Kerbals too)

So....How do you actually start the asteroid mission? I was expecting it to be like a first glance into the missions that will inevitably be on their way sooner or later, but I can't find anything of the sort? Am I just supposed to go out there and grab an asteroid of my own choice or is there an actual mission to do it?
Well, there's a scenario (or more, can't remember) from the main game menu related to asteroid rendezvous / capture. Or just start tracking, rendezvousing, capturing in your current game. Though I think if you got hit with the "save corruption" bug (which should have been hotfixed) asteroids wouldn't show up in that save.

I think they meant "Customize your ships with adjustable lights and flags"

Yo dawg, I heard you like flags...

Tweaked the thrust and Isp values of Ion Engines and the two tiny rocket engines. All were severely underpowered to be of any practical use.

On the contrary, ion engines were massively overpowered already. It was possible in 0.23 (with careful use of thrust limiter) to launch an ion probe into orbit using only two small SRBs, circularize, and go and land it on Gilly.

Added a button to the Time quadrant in the main flight UI to allow switching betwen Mission Time and Universal Time.

not only this, but I noticed in MET, 1 day=6 hours, not 24 hours now. Which, I knew the Kerbin day is shorter, but not that short, right? Now it takes 2 Kerbin days to get to and land on the Mun.

You can switch it to Earth time in the configs if you want. I believe that utilities like launch window planners are likely to use Earth time, so you might need it until they're updated.

And yes, Kerbin's day always was 6 hours.

The update is broken for me..I capture an asteroid, bring it into a closed orbit, go to space center, come back to craft, time war, craft proceeds to go boom and asteroid no longer exists.. No matter what I do it always explodes. Terrific, it's freaking broken. I guess I'm going back to .23.0 until it's fixed..

The update is broken for me..I capture an asteroid, bring it into a closed orbit, go to space center, come back to craft, time war, craft proceeds to go boom and asteroid no longer exists.. No matter what I do it always explodes. Terrific, it's freaking broken. I guess I'm going back to .23.0 until it's fixed..

Well, the Time War did wipe out the Time Lords and the Daleks, so it's not surprising that your craft explodes :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.