How do I Make KSP Run smoother??

Hey guys!

I'm starting to be bothered by a bit of "lag" and slow motion occurring in KSP. I was able to get rid of the "slow motion", by changing the Delta physics slide. But then, the game begins to lag...

It's mostly when I'm in space or through the Tracking Station the lag occurs. Mostly when I right click and move the camera around...

The reason I'm so upset with this is that I got a very powerful systems which should run KSP with no problems...

Processor: Intel® Core i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30Ghz 2.30 Ghz (Quad core)

RAM: 16,0 GB

64-bit system

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M 3GB

I really want to get rid of this laggy game experience... Does any one have any ideas or tips?

Loopman.

Hi Loopman, have you maxed out your graphics? too many shadow cascades and point light sources will cause a lot of lag.

Also, KSP is still only 32bit, so your 16 gigs are not all being used, plus KSP's physics are all on one core, faster cores are better with KSP.

Forcing anti-aliasing can slow KSP as well, it'd help to see your KSP.log and dxdiag :)

I am sorry(not that it's my fault), but is KSP is a 32 bit game so it have a 4GB RAM limit.

So even if you had the world most powerful super-computer...

You will still get lag.

I looking foward to Unity 5 ...

However Loopman, Try this mod.

It helped me make my game run faster

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/fps-fix-performance-tweak-guide/

I have noticed a bit of slow down in ksp when I have a lot of missions. Also if you turn down your persistent debris in the settings can help a great deal as you don't have all kinds of space junk floating around. Hope this helps :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.