A maximum of saved experiments in a pod?

Yesterday I landed a pod with 20 experiments in it - my eyebrow had already arched all the way up to my neck seeing this smooth even number ...

I did a quick crew report on the ground, but it still showed only 20 experiments.

The debriefing window counted 22 experiments (including the "returned from" one ... should have hauled back the pod I landed on Duna with ... :P )

May all have been just a coincidence, maybe I really did 20 experiments on my trip to Duna, maybe the 21st experiment was still originally in the report slot of the pod and not stored in the pod - but I just wanted to throw the question into the room.

There is no upper limit near as I can tell, you can however store only one experiment per type per biome in your pod (can't have 2 surface samples from the same place for example) your crew report was in fact in the crew report section of the command pod and not the more general science storage section.

It seems like you can only have one crew report of any type in there. Which is all right, since you can transmit them at 100%. Except when you run out of batteries.

Handy tip if transmission is an issue: when an EVA kerbal does a "gather data" from a command pod containing a crew report, and then "stores data" back into the pod, the crew report is moved from the "report" slot to the general experiment pool. This lets you do another crew report (from a different location, otherwise it's redundant) on the pod.

I do that in my RemoteTech modded save when my Kerbals are in communication blackout but a new crew report opportunity presents itself.

Do like sciguyCO stated with the crew reports. If you did another crew report then you override the existing report in place of the one you just created. So you replaced one of your experiments. As long as you have a transmission dish and solar panels, you should be able to always transmit your crew reports for 100% science value and that allows you to do many of them in one mission without having to transfer the data to the kerbals. Other than that, I believe that all other experiments that are stored in the command pod should always be there and there's no actual limit to them.

As of 0.23, Capsules had a maximum number of crew reports added. This maximum was(I think) 3 DIFFERENT reports or 1 SAME report. If you have 2 of the same report, it asks you to dump one. You can store up to 5 science experiments inside the first capsule in Career mode. You can store a lot more as you progress through the tree. As far as other experiments like Mystery Goo go, you can only have one of the same report on those if you want lots of science; otherwise, you get your science amount reduced substantially. Also, even with the Mobile Science Lab if you have a 0% Transmission Rate and it says +10% if it's put through the Lab, you'll still have 0%. :)

Definitely not so.

My third career-mode mission is a Mun FRT flyby with 2 goo and 2 Science Jr. I put all four of those (high and low Mun) plus about 5 EVA reports plus at least two crew reports in the capsule. And more on later missions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.