Asteroid Base Challenge

Here's a challenge! May take a very long time, may be impossible.. who knows.. I don't have the wizz too get it done myself.. It'll require a few mods as well most likely... (I'm honestly not even sure how big the asteroids are... haha)

Bronze Level: Establish a small base on an Asteroid orbiting the Sun. Minimum of 1 Kerbal stationed.

Silver Level: Establish a medium sized base, 2-3 Stationed, with an array for communication

Gold Level: Establish a Large base, 4+ kerbals, with an array, science lab, and eating area, they can be attached, but have to be visibly seperate.

Platinum Level: Build a medium too large base, while also towing a second Asteroid and connecting it too the first for additional building area!

<3

Edit: I just attempted my own Challenge! So far its between Silver and Gold. No eating area, just science lab and an array. The kerbals will have too wait a bit longer! (Was supposed to be 4 Kerbals but forgot too load a 4th.. he must of slept in and missed the launch >.>). Not sure if I'll be able too make the Platinum level myself, I'm not very good at this XD

So as proof and since this is quite a big accomplishment for me, I Twitched it! Here's the video <3

http://www.twitch.tv/ladyathena/b/517614474

Second Edition!

http://www.twitch.tv/ladyathena/b/518025923

Edited by LadyAthena

Not gonna attempt, but you need to do it and prove it's possible first.

So you need proof that the content introduced in path 0.23.5 designed specifically for interacting with asteroids can, in fact, interact with asteroids?

I see...

-----

Currently working on this, or rather I'm working on 'Platinum' simply because I really want to see how feasible connecting two asteroids together is. Once that's done I'll just attach stuff to it; that should be the easy bit :D

Erm, does it have to be orbiting the Sun? Because I like dragging my asteroids into Kerbin Orbit.
I likewise have a plan for an asteroid base (of a sort) but it was going to be in Kerbin orbit.

Is it OK to assemble it in Kerbin orbit then push it out of the SOI for the photo op?

I likewise have a plan for an asteroid base (of a sort) but it was going to be in Kerbin orbit.

Is it OK to assemble it in Kerbin orbit then push it out of the SOI for the photo op?

I'd have too say no, since it would be easier too assemble in Kerbin orbit. Part of the challenge is, the time being used. :3

But since all the pictures so far are in kerbin Orbit, I'd have too say, anyone who can achieve it solely outside of Kerbin Orbit gets kudo points.

And way to go guys! Those are looking fabulous. <3

Still WiP

http://imgur.com/a/DvXpk

I think, it's finished in about 66%

It's soo beautiful x.x I wish I could make stuff like that... Btw, think I could have the ship files you used, I'd love too see how you built them, for learning purposes :3.

I also updated the main page with a twitch replay of me starting my Asteroid base.

My KSP is heavily modded and I'm affraid the craft files will be not compatible. But feel free to use them and modify if they works (They should be made of stocks, but who knows what I used). Zip file not include everything. I accidentaly overwrite HUB by useless rubbish. :(

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdo486ewb2ju4fj/craftz.zip

However the A-Catchers and their docking modules are imperfect, I need to change many things, cuz last steps of docking rocks to other require a lot of patience and cold blood.

BTW. I recommend to throw out lamps. They can change game to powerpoint slideshow. And thank you.

Edited by Baalnamib

My KSP is heavily modded and I'm affraid the craft files will be not compatible. But feel free to use them and modify if they works (They should be made of stocks, but who knows what I used). Zip file not include everything. I accidentaly overwrite HUB by useless rubbish. :(

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdo486ewb2ju4fj/craftz.zip

However the A-Catchers and their docking modules are imperfect, I need to change many things, cuz last steps of docking rocks to other require a lot of patience and cold blood.

BTW. I recommend to throw out lamps. They can change game to powerpoint slideshow. And thank you.

Thank you ^.^

[snip]

Did it work?

Wait...

[snip]

Most recent Addition *carefully hides crash damage*

Uh...

Yep, can see the images, but not the album... was just browsing the Jool-5 challenge and found this: To embed the imgur album, simply grab the ID of it, the following bold text - imgur.com/a/ZCaAu, and put them between an imgur tag, like this [ imgur ] ZCaAu [ /imgur ] but without the spaces! (Stolen off Ziv!) :)

Yep, can see the images, but not the album... was just browsing the Jool-5 challenge and found this: To embed the imgur album, simply grab the ID of it, the following bold text - imgur.com/a/ZCaAu, and put them between an imgur tag, like this [ imgur ] ZCaAu [ /imgur ] but without the spaces! (Stolen off Ziv!) :)

So I put

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The order of photos is messed up, but it's there.

37 is one of the best views.

Edit:

48 shows new progress and the damage from 35.

49 shows other progress.

Edited by Macrocosmus

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.