Rescue help: EVA out of fuel

I once pulled off a rescue the old way (Send a lander can with tons of RCS and stairs attached all over it, maneuver until you're near him and hope the victim kerbal will get close enough to any of the staircases so that he'll be able to grab). It's a very long mission, but it is very rewarding once you get the guy in the ship.

However, I did that long before The Claw was added. If I had to do that again, I'd grab him for sure! :D

Edited by pauix
Corrected some typing mistakes

Can you reenter with a Kerbal in a claw?

Probably. They seem to have a pretty strong join with the target once they're attached, Kerbal or otherwise.

The easiest way would be to either use a claw and push the Kerbal against another craft's pod entrance, or just hope that Kerbals can survive reentry on the end of the same claw. The harder way would be to inch slowly towards the Kerbal with another craft with RCS or whatever and align in such a way that the Kerbal can grab on. Both require a certain precision with rendezvous and RCS maneuvers so in fact neither is really more difficult than the other.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.