Tweakable "Quality"

for instance:

nooblings/new career mode saves may, in the future, have less noobling-teaching tech trees and more realistic ones

supposedly, one would need a "Quality" meter to stop overachievement on first try

which limits itself to 1, then can be unlocked by science to a bigger number, with 5 being current quality (i'm not sure about whether this is good) and 10 being super quality

In both Sandbox and Career, the quality meter could be set to lower numbers and per-part OR/and per-vessel

Edited by Tery215
inaccuracies in using "OR"

I'm not really sure, but I think what you're asking is for either craft or individual parts to start out at a less useful level, or less efficient, and be upgradeable?

If not, or even if so, could you please try to clarify your suggestion, as it appears it may confuse many people as it stands. :)

If I'm understanding this correctly, you can give the player the option to either 'upgrade' existing rocket parts or to use the points to upgrade further along the tech tree.

I'd assume it's a bit like Starcraft, where you either choose to spend Vespene gas to upgrade current Protoss shield technology, or use the gas to unlock other tech items.

I think he means the complexity of the rocket, like in Spore where the creatures have complexity meters meaning you can only have so many things in one creation. Like a part limit but with each part having a certain level of complexity.

supposedly, one would need a "Quality" meter to stop overachievement on first try

you want to make it impossible to clear the techtree in as few flights as possible, by limiting the amount of parts?

my goal is always to do it as fast as i can so i can get to actualy play lol

you want to make it impossible to clear the techtree in as few flights as possible, by limiting the amount of parts?

my goal is always to do it as fast as i can so i can get to actualy play lol

Use sandbox? Or just hack 9999999999 science in.

What I mean is that parts such as rocket engines get heavier, less efficient (heavier is already less efficient), and parts such as thermometers get less accurate scientific results, subtracting transmit and recovery points (but not total obtainable points). These parts would also be more susceptible to overheating or breaking. The opposite would happen when you upgrade the parts, also it increases transmit value in science parts.

No, I don't think having things 1/5th as good as they are now when starting career is a good idea at all.

This is a good idea in that it reflects real life a little more with manufacturing processes refining from knowledge gained in previous missions, but for gameplay purposes I think this is a bad idea. I applaud the effort to find other things to spend science on, though. This guy is thinking in the right direction.

This is a good idea in that it reflects real life a little more with manufacturing processes refining from knowledge gained in previous missions, but for gameplay purposes I think this is a bad idea. I applaud the effort to find other things to spend science on, though. This guy is thinking in the right direction.

I agree, once official economy system is factored in, however, it might be interesting for cost to come down over time as you use more of them.

For example, a new rocket engine (just researched) may cost $5000. As you use it in more and more flights, the cost come down to say $1000. In short, the refinement goes into how to make the part cheaper.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.