[23.5]Better RoveMates v1.7 - Community Addition Edition

Codey737

What about a Rovemate that can store Science?

I'm pretty sure it would need to be manned. (to bring science you need Kerbals.).

See the post previous of me (which is also mine) relating to the topic.

Edited by Mozziedoo

I got really frustrated trying to figure out how to deploy my rover with the current tech I have (in career) so I finally edited the stack nodes so you can place decouplers on the ends and create a lander with legs on either side and then just drop the rover from the middle.

roveBetter.jpg

@PART[roverBody*]:FINAL
{
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, -0.75, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 1
@node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.0, 0.75, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1
}

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! Sorry for not posting in a while(I haven't forgot about you!) I've been quite busy with irl stuff lately. I have created a Mechjeb rovemate and it will be included in a mini-patch later on today along with a few other little fixes.

I got really frustrated trying to figure out how to deploy my rover with the current tech I have (in career) so I finally edited the stack nodes so you can place decouplers on the ends and create a lander with legs on either side and then just drop the rover from the middle.

~snip~

@PART[roverBody*]:FINAL
{
}

Thank you for this! I was wanting to add something like this except I had no idea how. This will be added in the next patch.

I found out earlier today that Tweakscale add support for my rovemates, for those who twea®k!

Thank you everyone for over 2000 downloads!

-Codey

Update,Update,Update! Woo!

See main post for the download link!

1.7.5:
New Body-
MechJeb'd Probodobodyne RoveMate: I'm sorry Jeb, I can't let you do that.
Just a General Mechjeb module

Added side nodes for better attachment:
All rovemates will have this function,the Flatter Rovemate's side nodes a bit messed up,just ignore it. This will be fixed later on.

Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Im having difficulty stacking any of the rovemate bodies on top of each other, or in general using them as anything but the first parts on any particular build. Seems to be most prevalent with the top and bottom nodes, the font and back ones I havent really utilized. My goal is to stack up the Bertha bodies top-face to top-face to make a double-thick base for a construction crane rover.

Im having difficulty stacking any of the rovemate bodies on top of each other, or in general using them as anything but the first parts on any particular build. Seems to be most prevalent with the top and bottom nodes, the font and back ones I havent really utilized. My goal is to stack up the Bertha bodies top-face to top-face to make a double-thick base for a construction crane rover.

I've had this problem as well. I don't know if its my mod's problem or the games problem. I've seen this with a few other mods if its attach a certain way.

I've had this problem as well. I don't know if its my mod's problem or the games problem. I've seen this with a few other mods if its attach a certain way.

Well 0.24 claims to be one of the heaviest bug-fixing updates to date, perhaps it may work itself out post-patch.

Can we get an update on this about if it works for 0.24 or not?

The stock resource parts(SAS,Fuel,Mono,etc) still work fine. The modded resource parts on the other hand are somewhat broken. Once the mods for them are updated I will fix them.

TAC: Broken (waiting for the a stable release)
Kethane: *Should* work fine but I haven't tested it yet
Mechjeb: Waiting for stable release (still may work anyway,haven't tested yet due to Mechjeb hates me)
KAS: Broken (waiting for KAS patch)

The funds for the rovemates need to balanced to consider their contents. There is also a bug with the attachment of rovemates and other parts(I.E. Rovemate attached on top of a rovemate), as far as I know it is a stock issue,sorry.

The stock resource parts(SAS,Fuel,Mono,etc) still work fine. The modded resource parts on the other hand are somewhat broken. Once the mods for them are updated I will fix them.

TAC: Broken (waiting for the a stable release)
Kethane: *Should* work fine but I haven't tested it yet
Mechjeb: Waiting for stable release (still may work anyway,haven't tested yet due to Mechjeb hates me)
KAS: Broken (waiting for KAS patch)

The funds for the rovemates need to balanced to consider their contents. There is also a bug with the attachment of rovemates and other parts(I.E. Rovemate attached on top of a rovemate), as far as I know it is a stock issue,sorry.

Sweet well I will try out the Kethane and MechJeb ones ASAP!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone figured out the problem with the top and bottom nodes? I can't seem to place my RoveMates on ANYTHING. They snap into position, and the game lets me drop them, but they remain red and transparent and I can't attach anything else to them.

The front and back nodes seem to be working fine. It's just the top and bottom ones.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

working fine in KSP v1.1 release. Here's a start to some patches that will help as well

// update for Squad path changes
// TODO - node position modifed and battery capacity/usage balanced
@PART[roverBodyLarge]
{
  @MODEL
  {
    @model = Squad/Parts/Command/probeRoverBody/model
  }
}

// move to command category
// stack node at top and bottom for better deployment
// equalize batt capacity and drainage w/ stock
@PART[roverBody*]
{
  @category = Pods

@RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]
  {
    @amount = 120
    @maxAmount = 120
  }

@MODULE[ModuleCommand]
  {
    @RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]
    {
      @rate = 0.04
    }
  }
}

// TODO - heat generation for the RTG rovermate

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.