Using NASA Mission Control Software with KSP

Rich

After learning that the software framework which NASA uses for its mission control setup is open source (Open Mission Control Technologies (MCT)), I immediately set about trying to stream KSP data to it. This thread will detail the development progress towards this goal.

[table=width: 100%, align: center]

[tr]

[td=width: 25%]2/5/2014 - This might not look like much, but after some wrestling KSP and MCT are now talking. The next step is to expose the data as MCT feeds so that the data can be displayed and composed using the GUI.[/td]

[td]

9EBXnL6l.png

Figure: Data flowing into the telemachus-mct plugin

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td=width: 25%]13/4/2014 - Still no data from KSP - mainly working on understanding the stock functionality of MCT, and today I managed to get the satellite plugin working which is currently populated with terrestrial data (picture on the right). The main win for today was getting the latest version of MCT (and plugins) compiling, so now I can begin to configure the development environment for the ksp-mct plugin.[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]10/4/2014 - All I have managed so far is to bodge the map of Kerbin in to the framework.[/td]

[td]

vUCWzIal.png

Figure: Kerbin within the MCT framework (Map data from Kerbal Maps)

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Next up

• Configure development space.
  • Stream actual KSP ship data so that it may be used by the default MCT visualisations.
  • Import maps of all bodies and stream all ship positions to MCT.

Edited by Rich

[table=width: 100%, align: center]

[tr]

[td=width: 25%]13/4/2014 - Still no data from KSP - mainly working on understanding the stock functionality of MCT, and today I managed to get the satellite plugin working which is currently populated with terrestrial data (picture on the left). The main win for today was getting the latest version of MCT (and plugins) compiling, so now I can begin to configure the development environment for the ksp-mct plugin.[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Edited by Rich

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.