How to get to the Mun!

EliteShadowLeo

This is a short video I created, which explains how to get to the Mun and back!

I tried to be straight forward and easy to understand!

PLEASE NOTE: This is only the way I recommend doing this, you are not obligated to do this and there are a million more efficient ways of doing this, but this is a good guide on the overall concept of reaching the Mun. I find that these techniques work for me and any constructive criticism is very welcome. Please like if you liked it, comment and if you're feeling nice subscribe.

Here you go!

Enjoy, and thank you very much for reading!

Edited by EliteShadowLeo

Just so you know, you can embed the video so it plays in the thread here. Edit your post (the OP) and click on the little film strip above the text box and paste your youtube link into that. Then your video will play here and more people are likely to watch it.

It will look like this

Or you could type [] with `video` in there then your youtube link followed by another pair of [] with `/video` in them (can`t put the `video` in the [] or it will be read as HTML) if you like to type them.

Great video! It's a very simple technique but remarkably efficient. The rocket is simple to use and doesn't require a lot of parts (though a lifter for career mode would likely not be able to use the SLS parts early on). I didn't have to set a single maneuver node - from liftoff to landing on the Mün was a single ballistic trajectory. I made a perfect four point landing on the first try (though this isn't by far my first Mün landing). The only difficulty I had was when I got turned around on takeoff and orbited the wrong way, on my second try I got it right. Again, it was a single ballistic trajectory from takeoff to splashdown. It reminds me of stories of the wild old days before maneuver nodes when everyone had to fly by the seat of their pants.

If you had told me yesterday that I could get a Kerbal home from the Mün on a single FL-T200 tank, I'd have said "Yeah, right Mr. Manley... you and what fuel cheat?" I am no longer a doubter.

The only recommendation I'd make would be to try Blizzy's Ambient Light Adjustment plugin - it will make the scenes on Kerbin's night side visible, instead of just blackness.

Edited by HeadHunter67

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.