Civ V strategy's

victory143

I'm waiting for this Civilization title...:

Why is this not in my subscription box!!!!

Anyhoo.My strategy usually involves playing extremely aggressively.By 2000bc I'm already most of the way through a war,most likely sieging the capital.Then I move on to city states,any which are allied to my next target(the strongest Civ) have to go....fast.After they have no more allies I go into military overdrive,spending all the money and production on the best military and going all out on them.If I have enough manpower the Civ is reduced to rubble within 10 or less years.I tend to focus on being the most technologically advanced,sometimes this goes as far as modern armor versus horseback.

In my last playthrough on an island map of 8 I removed the Ottoman empire,whom were the second most powerful,within a space of 10 turns(after the army arrived).They attacked one of my babby states and I fended off an invasion with a battleship and the city itself,waiting for the army of modern armor,rocket tanks,and battleships to arrive from the opposite side of the map after finishing off the Iriquois.Once they got there there was no ottoman military left bar a few infantry and carnivals who had become trapped in my territory.the invasion was quick and I hadn't lost any units bar the battleship which protected the city state.

I'm just wondering, what's your guys favorite strategy's for Civ V?

I am Venice and I have BNW and G&K, plus all the other DLC :) I'm gonna get Beyond Earth as soon as it comes out.

Tradition, turtle up, rush Universities, win science victory

The Social Policy Balancing in Civ V is pretty terrible.

I'm waiting for this Civilization title...:

guy-takes-off-ones-set-of-sunglasses-but-has-a-second-set-on-aswell.gif

Anyway. I generally try to go peace initally, then some [FLUFFY BUNNY] civ decides to declare war, sometimes lose a city, then I go... uh... FULL MILITARY POWEEEEEEER. Then I take over the world. I'm particuarily dominant in the Renissance-Future era.

Edited by sal_vager

I usually rush the Manhattan project and stockpile as many nukes as I can before that treaty comes into effect.

Then I explain to the other civs why agreeing to the treaty was a very dumb idea.

You would've like Civ 3, there were no nuclear treaties, and they would destroy entire cities instead of just damaging them.

You would've like Civ 3, there were no nuclear treaties, and they would destroy entire cities instead of just damaging them.
I miss those old days.

Whoever chose to put that treaty in game should be banned from the internet forever.

I like to be technologically advanced. Giant Venetian Death Robots verses Byzantine riflemen, hmmm... Also Nuclear Missiles verses cannons.

I also always get patronage so I have a ton of militaristic city-states funding a war for me.

Edited by victory143

I usually play the American civilization.I my strategy is first make a B-line on wonders ,All cities on production focus,Expand as fast as I can,save gold ,and build military ,and a large workforce.Not the best of all strategies ,but It is my best one I got that works very well.Speaking of that playing single player scenario Smoking skies I so far become the largest Militaristic power taking out two civs ,and finish.However, I have continued on ,and so far eruch civ is the most annoying civ as they continue to settle even though the lost half there cities.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.