randomized science reports

science parts currently display only 1 science report for a specific region of space or a celestrial body, which is boring. my idea is that science reports every so often change.

for example: I have a probe in orbit around kerbin, armed with a thermometer. at first, it would show one unique science report, and clicking on it will yield similar results. after awhile, clicking on the instrument and getting a new science report that would say: "space is getting hotter for some reason". this new report would yield far more science than the others. this would rinse & repeat for a randomized amount of time. (ex: a new one would come in the next kerbal day, and another new one would come a kerbal week later)

This would mean that spacecraft that you spent hours on wouldn't become obsolete after the main amount science is done, saving them from the dreaded terminate flight button . it also would mean that stations & bases will have more of a purpose.

In other worlds, it would be like getting the same gumball from the candy machine, until one day, you would get a tasty brand new one!

so do you just kinda keep clicking the "do experiment" button until you get one of these random science resluts?

in your example, why is space getting hotter? just because?

im all for MOAR SCIENCE! but i think that more varied experiments are needed(aerogel wafers for space dust, cameras for pics, impactors& readers to register the ejaculated matter, ect...)

I think that what you mean can be done easier, the longer a vechicle is in orbit the more sience you can yield form it. I mean that you preform science at the beginning and at the end of a flight pattaren. a longer flight time means more science at the end experiments. This with the idea that the longer testing, there can be done more experiments. Offcourse should this sience/time number decreace with time, cause after a while you've done all the important tests.

so do you just kinda keep clicking the "do experiment" button until you get one of these random science resluts?

in your example, why is space getting hotter? just because?

im all for MOAR SCIENCE! but i think that more varied experiments are needed(aerogel wafers for space dust, cameras for pics, impactors& readers to register the ejaculated matter, ect...)

you don't simply click the "do experiment" button a few times to get a random science report, you have to wait awhile (say a few days to a few months). also, my example is just an example

I think that what you mean can be done easier, the longer a vechicle is in orbit the more sience you can yield form it. I mean that you preform science at the beginning and at the end of a flight pattaren. a longer flight time means more science at the end experiments. This with the idea that the longer testing, there can be done more experiments. Offcourse should this sience/time number decreace with time, cause after a while you've done all the important tests.

you got it! although, I didn't put in the decrease of science over time, which is very a good idea

I am more for more science parts for different reports than variations to what we have. Its nice visually and pleasing, but does nothing game-play wise.

Randomized reports just means varied reports. Currently with some reports being really generic all the time, id rather have those changed than getting randomized ones for others. (crew reports are repeated a lot)

Adding interesting reports to "fix" the generic reports we get often is probably more important than giving changing reports. Maybe in time we could see some variation, but as of right now there's still to many "Reporting observations" reports which are plain boring.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.