Simple Task - Leave

This Challenge is as simple as it get.

You need to get as many Kerbals off of Kerbin as possible.

To count, all the Kerbals need to be in the same SOI.

You get one point for every kerbal into space, and loss a point for every launch.

You can claim extra points if you feel and can argue that your entry shows strong commitment or inventive completion.

I will edit this post to show the best results of the challenge.

My entry is on the way.

• 2 weeks later...
By the same sphere of influence, does Kerbol (the sun) count? or does it have to be a celestial body?
Unless I'm missing something, you can score an arbitrary number of points by repeatedly launching craft with 2+ kerbals into Mun orbits. Is this the intent of the challenge?

The Sun counts as a SOI, so yes to that.

And yes, You can do a large number of 2 Kerbal luanches to get a huge amount of points, but that's not too interesting is it?

This challenge might not be too hard, but it leaves room of some neat outcomes. Like huge Eve colonies or something like that.

Well if I see that correctly, that's 18 kerbals sent to Eve in 1 launch. Base points would be 17.

30 style points or something for getting to another planet and good planning and all.

Thanks for being the only entry so far.

I would strongly suggest a diminishing return on the number of launches. I.E. each launch is worth consecutively less than the last, so if the first has a divisor of 1, then the next has a divisor of 2, then the next has a divisor of 3, etc.

Technically though, there is a way around either method. Use an SSTO and actually re-use it. I.E. make a plane that goes up and ditches a few to a few dozen Kerbals in orbit, comes back down, lands at the runway, refuels by means of a giant pre-made refueling station with millions of units of fuel, gets Kerbals from a hotel the size of a small city that is pre-launched and moved to the greens near KSC, much like the fuel tanker.

2-4 launches, no fundamental limit besides the height one can build and the loading range (but let's face it, we don't need trillions of tonnes of fuel or billions of Kerbals, so multiple-mile-tall multiple-mile-wide megastructures that reach the limits of KSP loading distance and physics would be unnecessary.)

Obviously, there is a disadvantage to this system in that each launch could take up to 30 minutes depending on pilot skill and how much fuel the plane can afford to waste on inefficient trajectories. This means one would still want to make their plane harbor, say, 50 Kerbals just for expediency without compromising its ability to hold together.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.