[0.25/0.90] Better Atmospheres [V5 - June 14th, 2014]

Thesonicgalaxy

That is strange. Does it happen with normal EVE and without BA?

no it doesnt, but deleting BA is not an option, im currently in an operation of sending probes , stations to every moon of jool, turning it into almost a colonized zone, and i cant do this without seeing the beuty of space and pressing f1 every 5 minutes :D

I have a question about installation. Do I only need the plugins from the dependencies, or do I need everything included with them? I am running dangerously low on memory (Even with ATM Agressive) so I don't want to download anything more than what is absolutely necessary.

Hello! I have installed this mod, and i have run into a pseudo-issue. Clouds look fugly. I use kerbal at half res textures, ATM agressive, EVE low res and Better atmospheres. Could this sort of settings unite into a ultra low res clouds? Unfortunatly, my KSP already runs at 3,2GB ram, sooo :P Would cranking KSP to full res textures hit that hard on RAM?

I have a question about installation. Do I only need the plugins from the dependencies, or do I need everything included with them? I am running dangerously low on memory (Even with ATM Agressive) so I don't want to download anything more than what is absolutely necessary.

It's hard for something like this, they aren't really dependencies as you don't need to install what parts of the mod you don't want.

KittopiaTech: Rings

Custom Asteroids: Asteroids in the rings.

Texture Replacer: Kerbin and new skybox textures

EVE: Clouds and stuff.

This doesn't use that much ram, and if needs be you can get the 64 bit fix thing.

Hello! I have installed this mod, and i have run into a pseudo-issue. Clouds look fugly. I use kerbal at half res textures, ATM agressive, EVE low res and Better atmospheres. Could this sort of settings unite into a ultra low res clouds? Unfortunatly, my KSP already runs at 3,2GB ram, sooo :P Would cranking KSP to full res textures hit that hard on RAM?

EVE Low res does nothing if you've installed this. That as well just lowers the texture resolution.

EVE Low res does nothing if you've installed this. That as well just lowers the texture resolution.

Thank you for that heads up, but my issue persists. Clouds do look rather ugly, what can i do? I have tested, full res in KSP is nono. Anything else i can do? I would attempt the 64bit KSP thing, but downloading full unity just fo that...

It's hard for something like this, they aren't really dependencies as you don't need to install what parts of the mod you don't want.

KittopiaTech: Rings

Custom Asteroids: Asteroids in the rings.

Texture Replacer: Kerbin and new skybox textures

EVE: Clouds and stuff.

This doesn't use that much ram, and if needs be you can get the 64 bit fix thing.

So really All I need is Eve and Texture Replacer? Cool. I will have to look through my folderas and make sure this is the only Couds.cfg though. (I'm having the same issue as some of the others above.)

Thank you for that heads up, but my issue persists. Clouds do look rather ugly, what can i do? I have tested, full res in KSP is nono. Anything else i can do? I would attempt the 64bit KSP thing, but downloading full unity just fo that...

What RES are you using, low or med?

Okay, I noticed that in the medium res download, it's missing the .cfg files for the clouds and citylights. So make sure you grab the .cfg files from the original better atmospheres download.

I also noticed that V5 lacks "NewMunSurfaceMapDiffuse" and "NewMunSurfaceMapNormals" from V3 Better Atsmopsheres (located in texturereplacer/default). I went from V3 to V5, so I don't know if there was a big change in V4.

I also noticed that V5 lacks "NewMunSurfaceMapDiffuse" and "NewMunSurfaceMapNormals" from V3 Better Atsmopsheres (located in texturereplacer/default). I went from V3 to V5, so I don't know if there was a big change in V4.

read post #587

Med res. They still look like stamps, and unless my eyes fool me, they look even worse than on regular EVE

http://imgur.com/QTZ8LC3

http://imgur.com/G4lXweY

http://imgur.com/ITR3Chq

those clouds look just fine, you are bein paranoid, what eve does is it simply makes the colours stronger and more clear and add white dream clouds, what ba does is that it makes the same stuff as eve, and adds atmospheric events, atmospheric blue-rendering that just makes clouds appear as clear stamps but it doesnt, i think everything just looks beautifull as it is.

I accidentaly the whole thing. Is this bad?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jgj6ocrh331nlv/screenshot1.png

No really, is it meant to look like that? Looks like there are two identical cloud layers shifter some degreen one from the other.

its ok you have the same problem as me, the blue ish ones arent clouds, they get un synced in time becouse real clouds the white ones rotate faster, use timewarp to see it for yourself.

Yeah, noticed it. No foreseeable solution?

not at the moment, thank fully its only on kerbin and doesnt really impact your gameplay with the exception of annoyence if you stare at kerbin from high altitutes - tracking station

Question , i am running on absolute limits for ksp and occasionaly i get occasional crashes mid game, so no high part or crowded areas, i am considering deleting non essential contents from mods such as texture replacer's skybox,helmets,visor shaeds, and custom asteroid's random asteroids arraound the sun, but i dont know if it makes a worthwhile difference

Very little to none. Get active texture management mod, and if you havent done it already, set KSP to half res in the launcher. Good luck, i myself have over 100 mods

how much of a visuel impact would half res ksp do? i also use active texture basic, i care about the visuels mostly. im running on 3.54 gb ram, with the exception of upgrades to mods i use ,not much only several, rest are mostly plugins for them to work, im not planning on installing anything else

Edit: i have tested half res and deleted extra helmet textures,helmet take on/offs,skybox from texture replacer, actual gameplay is exacly the same, cant really notice a difference for ksp resolution option unless you look at the ground from an inch away from your screen, my performence sky roketted, game runs so smoothly, ha, who knew a change of simple resolution, 50 mb of deleted files kickstarts the game,

this version is great but there are lots of junk that comes with the install and not many of us have a lot of ram space to spare, any how

Thank you!

Edited by TheReaper

Can anyone help me getting the clouds that Scott Manley has on his Interstellar Quest videos? They look way better than what I have now, i posted some screens on the previous page.

You need the High res version then. He's still out of date and hasn't updated to V5 of BA.

I have some problem installing. The atmospheres look the same.

I installed texturereplacer, EVE, and kittopia. Then I put in the RSS and BoulderCo files (merged and replaced). Then I removed the cloudlayers.cfg. Started up, no clouds at all. Is it because I'm missing cloudlayers-Betteratmospheres.cfg? I downloaded BA twice, from dropbox and mediafire, but it was missing. Any ideas? Thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.