[0.25/0.90] Better Atmospheres [V5 - June 14th, 2014]

Thesonicgalaxy

is there a way for me to bring back the old mun? the current one looks normal when it's close up and I've come to prefer the lighter version of it in V4

on another note, the sun has a tendency to disappear at times, what gives?

is there a way for me to bring back the old mun? the current one looks normal when it's close up and I've come to prefer the lighter version of it in V4

on another note, the sun has a tendency to disappear at times, what gives?

If your entire Sun is disappearing then I don't think that's a problem here, rather than your game.

When will the shadow bug for the clouds be fixed? also, jool's rings aren't appearing

The problem Is I don't ever seem to get it so I can't fix it. There's a fix for it earlier in the thread.

if jool's rings aren't appearing you've installed Kittopia wrong.

Hello All,

I am having difficulties installing the mods. I would appreciate some advice. Here is what I did:

1. Downloaded and installed each individual prerequisite mod. Used download link found on this thread on the 1st post.

2. Downloaded Better Atmospheres and extracted to GameData folder, overwriting everything I just installed in previous step.

3. Removed CloudLayers.cfg

4. Installed Sun flare

Game crashes when I attempt to boot it up. Now When I remove the EnvironmentVisualEncancements folder, the game does NOT crash. However I do not get my better atmospheres. I have the dump logs but I am not sure exactly which file you need to see to help.

Please advise.

I look forward to seeing better atmospheres in game. :)

Hello All,

I am having difficulties installing the mods. I would appreciate some advice. Here is what I did:

1. Downloaded and installed each individual prerequisite mod. Used download link found on this thread on the 1st post.

2. Downloaded Better Atmospheres and extracted to GameData folder, overwriting everything I just installed in previous step.

3. Removed CloudLayers.cfg

4. Installed Sun flare

Game crashes when I attempt to boot it up. Now When I remove the EnvironmentVisualEncancements folder, the game does NOT crash. However I do not get my better atmospheres. I have the dump logs but I am not sure exactly which file you need to see to help.

Please advise.

I look forward to seeing better atmospheres in game. :)

As already said many times,you are running out of system memory.Try using ATM

can someone plz run me through the steps of installing? I might have done something wrong. there isn't a readme in the download so I really just have to guess how to install it.

can someone plz run me through the steps of installing? I might have done something wrong. there isn't a readme in the download so I really just have to guess how to install it.

This might help:

INSTALLATION GUIDE

Here is an installation guide to help if you are stuck.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Lh5T21T6EcyXq8vbIUG6BWEK-iZuk_Iy2YuYG6NgHcY/pub

Allo. Little issue.

When I installed everything required, I installed BA V5. the sun looks right, the clouds look right, but the planet isn't as blue. I reinstalled over and over again, but the planet doesn't look like it does in the pic. Neither does Mun etc.

Why is that? Did I miss something?

Allo. Little issue.

When I installed everything required, I installed BA V5. the sun looks right, the clouds look right, but the planet isn't as blue. I reinstalled over and over again, but the planet doesn't look like it does in the pic. Neither does Mun etc.

Why is that? Did I miss something?

It would be nice to see how planet actually looks(post some picture),but i guess you are missing textures for planet in texture replacer.

It would be nice to see how planet actually looks(post some picture),but i guess you are missing textures for planet in texture replacer.

No I solved it. I downloaded the med res texture from drop box which was missing some cloud files and textures.

This mod really slows down the game fps though.

how do you install the lens flare on mac?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/44135-0-22-Universe-Replacer-v4-0/page38?p=577857&viewfull=1#post577857

scroll down and u see instructions on how to install that lense flare. and can op add it to the title so others know how to change their lense flare.

btw sonic what u plan next? to me would be nice to have better terrain also then u could rename the mod to better planets i guess lol

Edited by sidfu

and can op add it to the title so others know how to change their lense flare.

... It's already there, in the installation guide. Also, those are instructions for Windows - I don't know where the files are stored on a Mac (though likely somewhere similar to Windows i.e. KSP_Data). In which case, it still applies. I also don't know if that Unity Explorer program works on Mac.

how do you install the lens flare on mac?

Find 'sharedassets10.assets' in your main KSP install. I don't know which folder it's in, but just search. Once you've found it, overwrite it with the one TSG linked here.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

... It's already there, in the installation guide.

ahh i see it now lol since i had been using this since before it had all that info didnt notice it since ive gotten way can install BA with blindfold on nearly lol

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/44135-0-22-Universe-Replacer-v4-0/page38?p=577857&viewfull=1#post577857

scroll down and u see instructions on how to install that lense flare. and can op add it to the title so others know how to change their lense flare.

btw sonic what u plan next? to me would be nice to have better terrain also then u could rename the mod to better planets i guess lol

The asset file is already in the OP. Don't need to add anything :P

As for what's planned? Uhh, I mean, I guess the terrain stuff and maybe a few things with kittopiatech, the sunsets if they manage to work in EVE V8, but other than that I dunno where to take it.

I've been waiting for Erona who said he had to move and then after that he went on vacation, he said he would be gone about a week and a half, but it's been a little after a month since my last message from him. I hope all is well for him. :)

Anyway, that's a bit of bad thing as that's the art part of this being gone for who knows how long, and don't know if he's coming back anytime soon. Plus it was nice to have somebody else to talk to on the development of the pack.

I'm also helping with some sounds and textures for the Component Space Shuttle, and that has me distracted.

So all in all, it's just a matter of waiting for suggestions, new things to pop up, and for Erona to come back.

I'm not sure if this is my hardware or not but as awesome as this pack is, it really kills my fps. On normal EVE is runs just like KSP runs in vanilla but with this it cuts my fps from 30 to about 15. I have tried the high res, med res, and low res, but that didn't change anything. I can run other games with high settings like Arma 3 or DayZ. Any ideas why this is happening?

I'm not sure if this is my hardware or not but as awesome as this pack is, it really kills my fps. On normal EVE is runs just like KSP runs in vanilla but with this it cuts my fps from 30 to about 15. I have tried the high res, med res, and low res, but that didn't change anything. I can run other games with high settings like Arma 3 or DayZ. Any ideas why this is happening?

whats your ram usage tygoo normaly that would happen closer u get to cap for ksp. for me im still playing around with the 64bit work around ut for me anythign above 6.5gigs of ram makes game to unstable to play.

hmm if your art guy is gone for now sonic u could always work on sounds. u could probaly make this into is it called a total improvement mod.

Edited by sidfu

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.