[WIP] Kolago Industries Parts V0.2 [0.23.5] (UPD 26/04/2014)

Kolago

Hallo Kerbal Fans,

out of the need of a nice girder system and the previous work of TurboNisu ([0.23] Stockalike parts for useful esthetics) I created a girder system. In addition to that I have included some converters for intake air to oxidizer. So you can fuel up your oxygen tanks in mid air if you have installed some air intakes on your ship. This needs some electricity. :wink:

This is V 0.2 and attachment nodes are configured for KSP 0.23.5.

The girder system includes: 1x Girder, 3x Girder, Octo, Cross-Girder-Joint, L-Girder-Joint, T-Girder-Joint all in 0.5m, 0.75m, 1m, 1.5m, 2m, 2.5m, 3m and 5m

The air converters are: 1.25m, 2.5m, 3.75m and 5m

Truss System parts in 5 sizes: 4x Truss, Cross-Truss, L-Truss and T-Truss

Tank Connectors: 0.625m, 1.25m, 2.5m, 3.75m and 5m

Updates in V 0.2:

- added Truss System parts in six sizes, 4x Truss, Cross-Truss, L-Truss and T-Truss

- added Tank Connectors for in 0.625m, 1.25m, 2.5m, 3.75m and 5m

- added Girder Sytem Parts in 5m

- updated mass, cost, breaking forces and crash resistant parameters for all parts

I am locking for someone to give the oxygen converters an nicer look, because I am not so good with unity. This is scaled copy of squad part.

Copy all of the ZIP's contend into the GameData folder. Download

"Kolago Industries Parts" by Kolago is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Kolago

I have tried to contact TurboNisu, but he doesn't respond to my PM for 6 days. If he don't like it I will remove it immediately.

This TurboNisu parts are is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. So this is no problem in my opinion.

Edited by Kolago

All of these trusses look like they could have been done with simple cfg modding with his mod as a dependancy. You could have just released that config in his thread. There's no good reason to redistribute the models. He also made smaller versions of those truss hubs, that you could have used instead of scaling the bigger ones. I'd love a truss system similar to this, but you need to put more thought into it.

Trusses, not girders.

My thought to it was to give something back to the community because I admire the work of all the people here and to make it as easy as possible to use the parts. I don't have control over updates that TurboNisu will make in the future. So my thought was, better make it stand alone. But I can see your point.

Edited by Kolago

That's a good point but I doubt he's going to change those parts, and if he does then it would be better to just collaborate with him. Maybe he'd be willing to release your configs with his mod as an option if you make them a little nicer looking and practical. The octagonal truss parts seem unnecessary. Why not do something like this? The thin truss could also be scaled (in cfg) to make short thin sections. It will look better if you use those smaller parts for small trusses.

Fm9hBux.png

I will be happy with any collaboration with him. Integration in his pack is no problem for me. I will take a close look at the small trusses for my next release. The octagonal truss parts are useful for me. But everyone can delete parts if they are cluttering up the parts list. My big hope is to get some Procedural Trusses some day from swamp_ig. :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.