The odd missions

InterCity

I've sent a probe named Gallivant out of the Kerbol system at 24km/s and decided to send another after some time, named Gallivant II. So I built a more powerful rocket and sent the second probe but to my surprise, it was actually far slower, about 12km/s. That made me send a third rocket which would catch up with the second and accelerate it to about 27km/s :D

I've hung a (Bobcat Colonization) base from a Mun Arch

RDaFKqd.png

(Step 0: Construct Extraplanetary Launchpads infrastructure on Mun)

1: Shuttle a colonyload of kerbals to the EL fab site

2: Build base, load up

3: Sub-orbital hop as close to the arch as possible

4: Lots of fiddly hovering across the surface getting closer to the arch

5: EVA a kerbal, attach a KAS anchor, jetpack up to the apex underside of the arch

6: Winch the base up very, very carefully.

------------

I kind of want to build a base hanging over a Mohole.

*comes back, realising something*

My most recent mission was to dock 2 spacecraft together using only sepatrons. I did it on the ground using Hack Gravity. Space on the other hand... I didn't have enough time. Rendezvous with sepatrons is a pain.

I attempted to make an aircraft in order to make a Kerbal base somewhere else on Kerbin.

With an effective range of 10km before the upwards thrust required to keep it in the air ran out of fuel it's not the most efficient vehicle ever, nor is it the most safety-compliant aircraft...I lost so many Kerbals when testing it :(

However, it can land. I consider landing this thing one of my greatest aircraft achievements, because...well...image.

1lQc3dS.jpg

I once sent this to the Mun to move a base ten kilometers after it landed in the wrong spot.

T0bIqQg.jpg

Sadly, details were lost in last years's Great Forum Glitch (*shudders at the name*).

So instead, have some images of its big brother, which probably didn't leave Kerbin. If it did, I don't recall.

JIFPxyF.png

zdrOv0S.jpg

Another "odd" mission, which made sense in the situation, was that of the Mantis Shrimp Climbing rover. I drove up and down a near vertical cliff again and again. It was a test for a Moho mohole mission, which I still might do someday. Maybe once it has biomes.

Here's a concisified version:

Able to climb vertical walls! Currently tested for 28km, one way.

sxOPzfL.png

Use KAS to hold yourself in place!

Breaks are too slow? Use KAS to stop yourself!*

Onetwothree-

AajmRFm.gif

WUtGQIq.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.