Mission Improbable!

Jas1126

They mocked me. Called me insane! Saying I was wasting my time! I SHOWED THEM!

The moment Jebediah placed his hand on my disheartened shoulder not saying a word. I knew... I knew I had to do it.

After I locked the fools in the utility closet, Jebediah and I went to work. We would get that MKI pod into Low Kerbin Orbit! After several days our dream was realized.

I PRESENT TO YOU:

TINY!

Sporting 384 Thor class booster rockets, we were determined to get that pod into LKO! Muahahaha!!

p><p>The smile upon Jebediah

"So... Um... How do I get back?"

I.... Oops...

....you got to orbit?

With over half of the upper stage booster power to spare. I had to eject them and use the center rocket for course correction. This ship would have sent me out of the entire solar system (I know, I did a second test).

(And explosions)

I had zero problems with this ship on its first flight (struts are your friend!). I'm still quite shocked.. I think the upper stage could use a couple of more struts though. It did wobble slightly towards the end of the flight (had me very worried).

I believe the key is to only decouple the primary decoupler (center) on each stage and place all of the radial decoupler's so that they're never activated.

Edited by Jas1126

I had zero problems with this ship on its first flight (struts are your friend!). I'm still quite shocked.. I think the upper stage could use a couple of more struts though. It did wobble slightly towards the end of the flight (had me very worried).

I believe the key is to only decouple the primary decoupler (center) on each stage and place all of the radial decoupler's so that they're never activated.

No explosions? Awwwww.... :(

But wait, that got to orbit with almost no fuel left? Damn! What gravity turn profile are you using?

Turn profile? My friend, with the lag I was experiencing I was lucky to get this thing to even budge. LOL I started the gravity turn at 6km and it finally decided to get to the proper position at around 13km.

No explosions? Awwwww.... :(

I know, right? I was expecting to have to edit this thing a half a dozen times to even get it off of the pad in one piece. I really appreciate Squad strengthening the structures.

Edited by Jas1126

Not to insult the intelligence of the mod who placed this here but.. This was a joke. Not to be taken as a mission report. Nobody in their right mind would build something that ridiculous just to get a pod alone into LKO. XD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.