the Star Trek challenge

This challenge is to see if you can create a star trek inspired ship.

You can use any mods you want except the mod that adds the ship's.(you can use hyperedit to get into orbit BUT you cant use it to get to any other planet)

Get out the solar system 250 points

points will be awarded as followed;

10 - 50 points depending how good it looks,

weapons 25 points,

extra ships carried= 10 points for each extra ship carried,

get to Duna orbit on its own fuel/power 75 points

get to Eve orbit on its own fuel/power 125 points

get to Dres orbit on its own fuel/power 140 points

get to Jool orbit on its own fuel/power 150 points

orbit any moon in the system on its own fuel/power 50 points

get to Moho or Eeloo orbit on its own fuel/power 200 points

Have a battle with a ship of similar weapons/armour and win 100 points (you may have to use KMP or Skillful)

have a battle with one or more ships and win 110 poits

Resistance is futile make 4 borg ships and a starfleet ship then battle the starfleet ship against the borg 100 points

Blue Alert make your ship landing capable on an atmospheric world and takeoff into orbit again 250 points

The legendary Captain Kirk Kerman - have captain Kirk Kerman in command of the enterprise. (Don't cheat and add him in using persistance editing)

Warp capable 150 points

replica ship 150 points

All Stock (mechjeb allowed) 75 points

Craft Files Will Be Appreciated

Edited by Commander Jebidiah

Can you post up a well defined "points" and goals list that says exactly what points we get for what achievement? I'm quite the trek fan, but this challenge isn't valid unless there are actual measurable, achievable goals.

A quick one that I put together. I believe this one to be a good ship to start the challenge. I hope people know what ship this is supposed to be.

Did you play the correct music during the launch?

I'm probably going to at least try to do a Star Trek ship. Give me time, though, as I'm not exceptionally good at building these sorts of things.

I'll edit my finished ship into this post, once it's done.

A quick one that I put together. I believe this one to be a good ship to start the challenge. I hope people know what ship this is supposed to be.

http://imgur.com/a/oAyLW

Nice, thanks for sharing!

For the slow folk (like me), here is a link to a model (je je) of what Othuyeg modeled: http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/PhoenixWarpShipPage.htm . I still recall, and enjoy, the scene where Picard and Data get to touch the Phoenix ship :D . A fine re-purposing of our nuke arsenal.

Edited by donfede
touchyness added; noted nukes

I've wanted to build a big ship with a paneled hull for a while, so this was the perfect challenge. Behold KMS Enterprise. Completely stock: no mechjeb, no hyperedit, nothing. Sent up in four pieces on two separate launches and docked together in orbit. I'm pretty certain she'll just explode if I actually fuel her up and fire the engines so I'm not sure what her range is, but I doubt it's very far. Apart from looking pretty sweet she can't really do... anything, but there she is. Do the construction drones count as carrying extra ships?

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by tylerthehun

I've wanted to build a big ship with a paneled hull for a while, so this was the perfect challenge. Behold KMS Enterprise. Completely stock: no mechjeb, no hyperedit, nothing. Sent up in four pieces on two separate launches and docked together in orbit. I'm pretty certain she'll just explode if I actually fuel her up and fire the engines so I'm not sure what her range is, but I doubt it's very far. Apart from looking pretty sweet she can't really do... anything, but there she is. Do the construction drones count as carrying extra ships?

https://imgur.com/a/c98Rx#0

looks 50

replica 150

all stock 75

total 275

https://imgur.com/a/c98Rx#0

That's very impressive, good job.

Edited by Red Iron Crown

Not an official entry as I have no desire to do any of the challenge requirements...

Kerbal of Prey

Yep, it's a VTOL just like the one in the movies and while I probably could get it into orbit and such if I were to work at it, just don't have the urge.

Bop1.png

Bop2.png

Bop3.png

Wow

If this was an entry you'd get,

Blue Alert = 250

Replica = 150

Looks = 50

Total = 450

P.S. there are no requirements.

The only requirements is that you create ship that was inspired by star trek.

Well, feel free to accept it if you wish, I just built it because you inspired it with this challenge. Though it does fly exceptionally well, it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for. I could have made folding wings with Infernal but they get real wobbly and I tried several times to add dropped wing tips to make it look more authentic, but they made it super unstable. So, I'm only partially satisfied with it. I may tinker with it a bit later and see if I can't improve it a bit. No promises.

Glad you liked it.

like this?

(not an entry, by the way - I built this thing last July just for gits and shiggles.)

Ya know bud, you always manage to surprise me with your challenge entries. I never know what to expect from you.

Ya know bud, you always manage to surprise me with your challenge entries. I never know what to expect from you.

Thanky :) there's a short photostory to go with that, too. Might post it on the missions board.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.