Two questions about interplanetary transfer

First: When I leave a planet's SOI, I don't seem to be able to place another maneuver node for a correction burn before the solar periapsis. Is that normal? If not, how do I fix it?

Second: Once I've set focus on the target body to see where I'm ending up and what direction I need to make my correction burn point, is there an easy way to switch focus back to my ship without going back to the tracking station? I think this is just a keybind question, but I haven't found the right button to press.

Edited by ripvanlemon

Question 1: This is normal, you are just going to have to play around with it (Try warping at 5x, it helps)

Question 2: Hit backspace. This will recenter your focus (You can also hit TAB and SHIFT+TAB to cycle through celestials)

Just as a word of warning, close the navball before using shift tab, because otherwise it will throttle up your ship, and that's always fun when your trying to do a precise interplanetary transfer. Also, before you ask, pressing Backspace in Map view doesn't activate the abort action group.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.