The Debris Series [Now Taking Requests!]

BagelRabbit

Hey! I don't know if you're still taking requests, but I really like the idea behind this series and I thought I'd toss my own idea into the mix. A while back I ran a Mun mission that ended with two kerbals stranded, and I had to rescue them. It was a fun mission and I made a blog post about it. However, I always found it peculiar how the debris left behind told the story of what happened. The final picture in that posting really says it all. If you're looking for inspiration, look at the last picture in this post:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/entries/777-To-the-Mun-and-back-again-P2-a-tale-of-pride-fuel-lines-and-monumental-ovesight%21

Thanks! Can't wait to see your next piece. :)

I'm definitely going to have fun with this one. You know the little plus-sign-looking-things on many of the Apollo pictures? ...yeah, I'm going to use them. ALL OF THEM!

Added you to the requests. Still going to work on Kookoo_gr's request and Sylandro's request first (and maybe Joshwoo69's, but he seems to have deleted his image) but I'll get to yours as soon as time allows. I really should work on the Debris Series more often, but I'm also working on KSP plugin songs right now (see signature) and boatloads of schoolwork. Sorry about all these delays... I hope you'll stick with me :)

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to bump an old thread, but this is amazing! I really liked this series and hope it continues.

Thanks for the bump. I needed that.

Kookoo_gr's drawing still needs a lot of fleshing out, but I've got the bare bones down...

Cpteypq.jpg

It'll probably be done in a couple of days, but again, I'm not promising anything. I'm taking calculus this semester, and it's really giving me a hard time. :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nice drawings by the way.

You must embed it with a site such as imgur. Go there and select the photo you want to upload. Once you've done that, grab the link on the right that ends in a ".jpg." Once you've done that, come back to the Forums, click on the little icon that looks like a picture of a tree, and paste the link there. It will appear like %7Boption%7D<your link here>[/img*]... and once you've posted, your picture will be there. It's not the simplest process, but it can definitely be done.

*I had to add an asterisk, so that the Forum didn't think that the link was real.

I think I lost Kookoo_gr's drawing. I've been looking for it, to no avail. I may just do it again at some point this weekend.

Sorry. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi!

Do you still take requests? If yes, could you turn this into a drawing?

JDngtib.png

Year 59, Day 96

After an unsuccessful attempt to create an automated lander that could withstand even Eves gravity and pack enough punch to get back into Orbit, Kerbal engineers overanalyzed the failure to such an extent that they were absolutely confident that they fixed all of the problems.

Thats why the next mission that went down well was manned by one couragous little Kerbal, called Jonemy Kerman. After mounting the monstrosity, he descended down to the ground and landed safely.

On the way up however, he plainly ran out of fuel - probably because of the too low TWR. He plummeted down and managed to land roughly but alive back on the surface. At the moment, he is waiting for his permantent temporary new home, the caravan to arrive. What a brave little Kerbal.

• 2 weeks later...

Guess what?!

This thread isn't dead! It's just hibernating.

I'm going to try to do as many drawings as possible over the next week or two, and I might even catch up!

Here's The_Atronic_Pilot's drawing (admittedly not the best, I'm still getting back into the swing of things):

hxkyFv7.jpg

"Mun 1 Debris -

Year 1, Day 3, 3 hours, 34 minuets

I wanted to try my hand at landing on the Mun, but I had no Idea how to actually get there. So I let MechJeb fly me there and when It was time to land I took over. It might have gone alright, but I was drifting at about 5 M/S and, long story short, I fell over. Not technically debris, since I can still control it, but I don't have much use for it, so I renamed it as debris." -The_Atronic_Pilot

...and here's a little something I made in about fifteen minutes, of Mr. Bobfrey Kerman making his way back to the safety of his capsule in LKO:

RxVsFM2.jpg

Anyway, I must go, but expect more soon...!

-Upsilon

I have some cool debris, including some debris that survived and I on Eve (survived by atmospheric drag) and a decommissioned orbiter around jool. And a few other things, like the crash site of the Kersinni eve orbiter.

and plenty of others, including when one of my space stations went through rapid unplanned dissasembly from a science satellite in practically the same orbit, gradually speeding up until it intersected the stations. Good thing I was planning to deorbit it anyways, since my new one was up : P

I'll post when I get on my computer. Posting from iPad.

EDIT: some images. I have more, but these are some of my favorites.

http://i.imgur.com/xR8rGFF.png

The Koviet Kereshian and Kinese Provinces (KKKP) Sakyut-Skypalace Skypalace module during atmospheric entry afteer being deorbited. I split the two modules apart like what humans would have done in real life.

http://i.imgur.com/mthfJpk.png

The transfer stage of the Eveningstar-2/3 Eve-gilly probe mission during atmospheric entry. suprisingly, due to the large amount of drag, the engine survived and is now on the surface.

Edited by Rolanvorxariat

I'm thinking of using a program called 'Fresh Paint' for future drawings. It allows you to use the original image as a guideline, and I can do things in it that just aren't possible in pencil.

Kobymaru's Drawing:

w7LdjMU.jpg

"Year 59, Day 96.

After an unsuccessful attempt to create an automated lander that could withstand even Eves gravity and pack enough punch to get back into Orbit, Kerbal engineers overanalyzed the failure to such an extent that they were absolutely confident that they fixed all of the problems.

Thats why the next mission that went down well was manned by one couragous little Kerbal, called Jonemy Kerman. After mounting the monstrosity, he descended down to the ground and landed safely.

On the way up however, he plainly ran out of fuel - probably because of the too low TWR. He plummeted down and managed to land roughly but alive back on the surface. At the moment, he is waiting for his permantent temporary new home, the caravan to arrive. What a brave little Kerbal."

So, whaddaya think? Do you prefer this style of art, or the normal black-and-white pencil stuff?

-Upsilon

kkqTJNP.png

This is from when I crashed my failed Arion Mk2 SSTO. See the full post here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/32027-You-Will-Not-Go-To-Space-Today-Post-your-fails-here!?p=1640559#post1640559

Edit: I quite like the look of that program for drawing the images Upsilon, but I also really like your pencil drawings. I'm indecisive, can you tell? :)

Edited by Cobalt60

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.