Give me your favorite KSP ship names you've come up with?

The Manley Manned Moonshot. It just... came to me somehow, who knows what inspired it. Total mystery really.

I hope your cheque doesn't get lost in the mail =P

I have a ton I still giggle at from writing the Kerb Kerman show... but the one people tend to love is the 41st iteration of the 'Fire Goes Down' series, the FGD-B-41 'Fudgebat.'

There is also the Really Expensive, Individualized Nighttime Delivery, Ejection and Retrieval System, or REINDEARS from the Christmas episode.

Or the Pretty Incredibly Complicated Kerbal Utility Pod... the PICKUP. It was the cargo ferry to the space station.

Currently working on my Apollo Style Mun program - The Munatic (used the name before, but now I find it to really work because of what follows).

Couldn't balance the Rover normally so the CSM wears it like a hat - Munar Excursion Rover "Curie' (as in Madam Curie) - or MER Curie

CSM - Freud

Munar Adventure Lander - "Volio" (or MAL Voilio - latin for 'Bad Will')

And the lifter stage will be the Oedipus, and I will make it complex.

My Duna missions are Project Vulcan with the DEL (Duna Excursion Lander) "Ta" and "Phi"

The Rover will be the Duna Motorized Vheicle (DMV) while the Ike lander is known as the Ike Return System (IRS).

My Moho command ship has gone through many names but it is now the ICARUS (Interplanetary Command and Reconnaissance Utility Ship)

If its not clear yet, I love acronyms and am deciding to have fun with it.

And the lifter stage will be the Oedipus, and I will make it complex.

Hehehehehe.

When I gave up on a massive lifter development program because it was essentially uncontrollable, we launched one Last GASP in commemoration. (Goes Anywhere, Steers Poorly)

Nothing too fancy, some Sci-Fi referenced names as Discovery (always failed missions with this name :huh: ) and Alexei Leonov for its rescues, or my Ceti Alpha "Apollo style" series (from I to V by now).

I name all ship classes after planets, areas and stations from the Metroid series, one of my all time favorite game series.

Taken from my little .txt file to keep up with my own naming conventions: :)

Zebes - SSTO

Oormine II - Spacetug (This planet is said to have nuclear dust storms, seems fitting for nuclear tugs)

BSL - Biologic Space Laboratories - Stations

SR388 - Probe vessels

Bryyo - Exploration vessels

Aether - Single trip exploration vessels & Mun/Minmus landers

Ceres - First family of experimental craft (ie: These exploded, a lot)

Tallon IV - Rovers and accompanying landers

Orpheon - Land bases

Sentinel - Exploration probes (this is actually from Halo)

Vol Paragom - Orbital Fuel stations

Siriacus - Small Moon outposts

Phendrana - Interplanetary and or heavy cargo SSTO

Magmoor - Asteroid Interceptors

Brinstar - Interplanetary capital ships and carriers

Crateria - Small transport shuttle systems

Norfair - VTOL Planes

Spanish Harlem Orchestra - that was the name of the Joolian exploration ship with two lander components (one for Laythe the other lander for all the other moons except Tylo) the lander components were separately called Timbales and Trombone (two of my favourite instruments in Salsa music)

xtuXqqv.png

I love puns and wordplay, so my ship names often reflect this:

Probe for testing the Oberth effect: Oberth's Glory (Thanks to SSSputnik for this suggestion)

Eve Return Lander: Adam

Duna mission: Lander: Paul Atreides, Mothership: Arrakis

Test ship for the new ions: Isn't It Ionic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.