Majiir Mod Repo Challenge Accepted! O-Doc on Point

O-Doc

Alright I see. I also just made those to files public as I forgot to do earlier. Anyway,i I see what you're saying about the FAQ so, what do I do about a spammy mod?

Great! We've got a wiki on the repo so you can add those pages so everyone else can have access to that work. With the FAQ, it's more important to ask the questions rather than have answers. I'll come back and formulate answers after the website is done. So, just throw a whole bunch of questions into a list and we'll go over them to figure out which are relevant and going to be useful to new users.

As Squad embraced a new (and controversial) partnership with Curse.

Value statements are not going to be useful in communicating to the website users. Keep it dry, affirmative and upbeat. That is, focus on the benefits of the website to the KSP community. Statements like, "this is a communty effort to put all KSP assets into a single place", are more effective in getting our point of view across to users of the website.

• 4 weeks later...

This is just a bump to touch base. I'll update the OP with the current status of this project.

It's been a bit quite on account of RL projects getting their big ugly butts in the way so, I've had to switch down gears over the last few weeks and only get in 1-2 hours a day. I've been doing some architectural code, a lot of which is low level building block placeholders for more optimised code to be placed in once the thing goes live. Also, I've been chipping away at some small jobs.

Here's the basic list of jobs left to do on the project.

Big stuff:

• Code up search form
  • Code up search engine integration
  • Project creation/edit scripting
  • Registration emails/transaction

Small stuff:

• Watchlist management
  • Project ratings
  • Project reports
  • Admin report management
  • Project comments
  • File uploads/downloads
  • Download tracking
  • Categories query

That's basically it aside from throwing in some text for the pages which is mostly done. I would probably estimate that we're at the 75% mark in terms of phase one completion but, I won't offer any timelines as my schedule is highly fluid at the moment with a number of parallel things in motion. I can say I'm pretty comfortable to wrap things ups myself. I'm moving to get a domain and put this on my server so, I will need some testers once that step is complete. I'm a terrible tester, I hate breaking my code. No fun, at all. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.