[WIP] [Dev thread] Dang it! A random failures mod

Ippo

Thats not very funny at all :( Be a real shame if you had to walk away from this, you've done (destructive) wonders with this mod and it just keeps getting better. Cling on! Cling on dammit

I will try to, of course :)

However I have my thesis to finish, plus I think I just got a job :D Cross your fingers :P

UPDATE: they called me back, I have a job! :D

Edited by Ippo

Well, guys, I've been delaying this too long: this mod is now abandoned and up for adoption.

I have just too much stuff to take care of to develop this mod properly: so, considering that it seems to have gained a quite significant amount of interest, I think it's better for everyone if I just pass it along to someone else instead of freezing it forever.

I think it's also about time I confess that I don't use it, at all: my mod proved me that people were right when they said random failures are just annoying, in fact I'm too annoyed by my own mod and haven't been using it since July or so. I think you all understand that this does not contribute much to my will to develop it further... :)

So, now for the legal stuff:

• the code is licensed under GPLv3 and I'm notchanging the license;
  • if you make a fork, please change the name: while this is sort of required by the license, I'd also be happier if you avoided a name like "Dang It Continued" or stuff like that because I've alwasy thought that it sounds stupid;
  • If you are interested in continuing the project, I'll let you use the original name provided we agree on some features. If you want to use the original name, PM me and we'll have a chat. Otherwise, feel free to fork under a new name and add anything you like to it.

Overall it's been a real blast making this mod, it taught me a lot and really made me feel part of a community (which I'll remain, I hope, just not with this particular project) :)