The unofficially official 0.24-Kerbapalooza Thread - Now extra #HYPETRAIN!

KvickFlygarn87

Let's all remember that Squad still communicates with us more than 99% of other companies, gaming or otherwise. Ask EA for weekly updates. Not going to happen. I'm willing to accept that maybe they really don't know if it will be done today. Saying anything maybe worse than saying nothing at all. I'll stick to my F5 key and try to be patient.

Let's all remember that Squad still communicates with us more than 99% of other companies, gaming or otherwise. Ask EA for weekly updates. Not going to happen. I'm willing to accept that maybe they really don't know if it will be done today. Saying anything maybe worse than saying nothing at all. I'll stick to my F5 key and try to be patient.

You can't compare Squad with EA, EA releases just (for their mind) finished games, also EA is often just the Publisher and a other Company programs it!

If it is a Windows issue, why not go ahead and release it for Mac and Linux? Also, could we please get some info on the forum rather than hearing it from outside sources? And please tell us if it is not going to be today.

Do you want a riot?

Presumably, the reason danRosas's tweet happened before a forum post is that no one at Squad is hovering over him monitoring what he tweets - if he has a thought he'd like to share, he'll default to his usual way of sharing it. Likewise, with Maxmaps yesterday, he might have just been on SA when he got word about what was happening with the last-minute bugs, or when he decided "eh, I'll share this" - his job as a PR person would seem to include going on non-official sources and talking about KSP, after all.

Presumably, the reason danRosas's tweet happened before a forum post is that no one at Squad is hovering over him monitoring what he tweets - if he has a thought he'd like to share, he'll default to his usual way of sharing it. Likewise, with Maxmaps yesterday, he might have just been on SA when he got word about what was happening with the last-minute bugs, or when he decided "eh, I'll share this" - his job as a PR person would seem to include going on non-official sources and talking about KSP, after all.

That is poor, poor information control if accurate. They should be under a "gag order" until the info hits official channels.

Also:

New page:

Mu, just now on IRC (#kspofficial):

[16:46 UTC] [Mu] well i wouldnt hold my breath for a release today

I asked for permission to quote, he gave it but asked that I be specific about the time.

Sorry for the spam, it's the latest info afaik.

Maybe if everyone stops asking why it isn't out yet, then it'll get released. :confused:

Lol. At this moment Squad doesn't care about what any of us are saying here. They would have to be especially evil to hold back on a release because their customers were too demanding. The one and only way to prevent anyone from asking when it will be released is to release it.

You can't compare Squad with EA, EA releases just (for their mind) finished games, also EA is often just the Publisher and a other Company programs it!

Bioware, then. ...or any company which makes anything. I am just reminding everyone how much communication they're actually is between us and Squad. Sure, we have prepaid for KSP. Maybe that entitles us to something. I'm not sure what I think on that. Kickstarter has posed the same question. What I do know is that we hear from Squad every week, whether you think the information in the dev notes is good enough or not.

Let's all remember that Squad still communicates with us more than 99% of other companies, gaming or otherwise. Ask EA

So EA doesn't communicate?

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9844297.page

That's a 3 days notice for new Update with a time reference, thats all I'm asking for...

No Hypetrain for days and everyone knows when they could test it out. Just don't say anything till this moment when its ready have your 2 Days Mediateam work and then release it.

Way less Stress for everybody, squad and us.

So EA doesn't communicate?

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9844297.page

That's a 3 days notice for new Update with a time reference, thats all I'm asking for...

No Hypetrain for days and everyone knows when they could test it out. Just don't say anything till this moment when its ready have your 2 Days Mediateam work and then release it.

Way less Stress for everybody, squad and us.

and then people would riot that they sat on a finished release for 3 days. Pretty much no matter how they deal with it, there will be certain groups that will complain about how they handle the situation.

I'm not sure people are wanting a firm date for the expected release, but a simple: "Hey guys, quick update, we're still working on x, y and z, and after that we have to test the changes. It's unlikely we'll be able to get everything ready for today, so don't get too hyped. Thanks for the love!"