The unofficially official 0.24-Kerbapalooza Thread - Now extra #HYPETRAIN!

KvickFlygarn87

Is anyone else not playing KSP until the 0.24 release because they feel it's not "worth it"?

I felt a bit burnt out from the game, so I haven't played for about a month and a half. I'm going to get back into it as soon as the next update is released.

Mu, just now on IRC (#kspofficial):

[16:46 UTC] [Mu] well i wouldnt hold my breath for a release today

I asked for permission to quote, he gave it but asked that I be specific about the time.

I am resigning myself to a Monday or Tuesday release. Anything before would be a nice surprise.

I am resigning myself to a Monday or Tuesday release. Anything before would be a nice surprise.

Yeah, it seems like we were "very close" on Monday and since the their language has been continually rolled back on their optimism on getting it out.

At this point I'm thinking we have a .23.5 situation and am not looking for the update until Tuesday.

Yea seems like a similar situation to the last attempted release for sure.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me three times...

the laptop i run KSP on has 4GB, on 64bit OS. will i be ok? its something everyone seems worried about, and its taking me ages to sift through all the replies in this thread looking for an answer.

Nothing to worry about - you have to choose to run the 64-bit version, otherwise just running from steam should run the 32-bit version (I think... unless steam auto-detects a 64-bit system...)

You get both .exe files in the game folder, so you can always put a shortcut on desktop or somewhere :)

Yeah, it seems like we were "very close" on Monday and since the their language has been continually rolled back on their optimism on getting it out.

Sadly, you're right FleetAdmiralJ. SQUAD sounded a lot more confident when they released the original video on .24 than they have each day since...getting a little less confident all the time (unless that's just a ploy).

Might it be the last one before 0.24? ;)

There's always a chance. I'm inclined to think not after Mu's comment, and because this is the first push today...they've slowed down. Perhaps because they're no longer under pressure to get dond this week.

EDIT: @Manaani: We've seen that pattern with every experimentals upload. They build all 4 versions.