[WIP]"KONQUEST:Modular components for permanent bases" by ASET (14/05/2014)

alexustas

I gotta agree. As a general rule of thumb, when designing my base modules (I start with a 2.5m core), they must be able to fit in a 2.5m expanded KW fairing. I think a similar design concept, just for 3.75m, may want to be considered here. Otherwise they become just too big to handle easily stock or near stock.

I think everyone is misunderstanding me. They look like they are 3.75m wide, not 5m wide. And yeah, if it is 5m wide, that's a bit large to me. Frankly, even the measurements of your heatshield in the preview video lists it as being 3.75m undeployed, and it looks to be equal in width to the module it is protecting at that point. I was simply confused, because everything I have seen made it appear to be 3.75m wide, but then that one section I quoted said 5m.

Or am I just reading these replies wrong?

ok this thing looks amazing. Keep up the great work and I can NOT wait until you roll this out for testing and play .. it looks great and the fact that you are including real functionality makes this especially exciting.

These look great, any suggestions for an awesome rover to put in the cargo?

The small Ladybug from Lackluster Labs should fit if combined with an IR rotatron. It's not like in the preview vid because the rover is too long. But with the rotatron it can be turned in the right direction to drive off the ramps after the module is landed and opened up.

You are probably going to hate me for pointing this out, but... you do realize that these modules in the picture you are using as inspiration are inflatable, not rigid?

That Service Module is a great way to keep the unit nice and clean looking.

I'd like to try fitting in TAC life support units in it.

Maybe you could have a Kerbal Attachment System type storage module?

So I was wondering, is the "Low profile module cap (LPC)" the half round end pieces?

I can envision an inflatable habitat, but an inflatable laboratory full of equipment feels possible, but something of a stretch. Even a module with landing legs is not too far out. But an inflatable service module, greenhouse or cargo module feel silly to me. :-)

Besides, you already have the excellent inflatable modules from PorkWorks.

I can envision an inflatable habitat, but an inflatable laboratory full of equipment feels possible, but something of a stretch. Even a module with landing legs is not too far out. But an inflatable service module, greenhouse or cargo module feel silly to me. :-)

Besides, you already have the excellent inflatable modules from PorkWorks.

Sure, your models look great regardless of that, carry on the good work. I was just surprised that no one seemed to have noticed the inconsistency between what your inspiration picture depicts and what your actual models are. On a side note, inflatable greenhouses are not silly at all, in fact they are the standard approach in serious studies about human habitation in space, e.g.:

Konquest Service Module (SM)

http://youtu.be/vDwntN5iRGE

SOLD!!!! All the parts in the game should be like this!!!!

The small Ladybug from Lackluster Labs should fit if combined with an IR rotatron. It's not like in the preview vid because the rover is too long. But with the rotatron it can be turned in the right direction to drive off the ramps after the module is landed and opened up.

Got a link, I can't find this in the LLL thread.

Edited by Moon Goddess

Got a link, I can't find this in the LLL thread.

There is a picture of the ladybug here.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24906-WIP-LLL-Lack-Luster-Labs-LLL-12-2-10MAY2014-SXT-15-1-09MAY2014?p=976417&viewfull=1#post976417

In the actual down load it's called the "LadyBird" under GameData/LLL/Parts/Utility/Buggy/LadyBird

Very very cool not dissimilar to the constellation program, and I bet if we plan on getting these habitats and modules beyond Kerbin SOI we will need to make ships very much like the ones from constellation. Would it be possible to make a module with an ascent module to get back to orbiting ships? Like the MAV module in the video its around 6:45. I mean make them on our own and if you are considering/willing to make one?

Have you tried putting a KAS storage container inside one of the service modules?

I was just wondering if a Kerbal can still get items out of it or remove and reattach the whole KAS storage container itself.

Have you tried putting a KAS storage container inside one of the service modules?

I was just wondering if a Kerbal can still get items out of it or remove and reattach the whole KAS storage container itself.

SM and SMA with KAS Container 'Type B'

vcjKC9q.png

Whatever happened to the command capsule you were making is it in the back burner or will it be part of the Konquest pack as an Orion type substitute?

nope, i have not stopped ALCOR, I still can not solve the problem with the collider, and this stops me from relise

nope, i have not stopped ALCOR, I still can not solve the problem with the collider, and this stops me from relise

Ahhhh ok so the capsule is apart of alcor. Got it.