Versus mode?

I heard somewhere that a multiplayer mode is planned for KSP. If this is true, would it be possible to have a VS mode of some kind?

What I'm thinking is that you have a distant Kerbin-clone-ish planet with the other player, and with new weapons for the ships added. You could end up having a massive sci-fi battle to take over (or just destroy) the opposing planet. If this were the case, I would be buying a four-pack on Steam right now.

Squad aren't going to add weapons, sorry, KSP is about space flight and exploration, not violence.

Combat and weapons are on the list of what not to suggest for this very reason, so this would be better off as an addon request after multiplayer is complete.

The only way I would think that a VS mode in a multi-player situation would work for ksp is two competing space agencies. Ie a contract goes out to put a Grav detector in this crater on the Mun, which ever agency gets there first gets the reward. Inter-planetary missions would be especially hard to do since both teams have to worry about launch windows.. Weapons are a no go and perhaps there could be a setting which made it so that any collisions amongst players caused both teams to loose.

The only way I would think that a VS mode in a multi-player situation would work for ksp is two competing space agencies. Ie a contract goes out to put a Grav detector in this crater on the Mun, which ever agency gets there first gets the reward. Inter-planetary missions would be especially hard to do since both teams have to worry about launch windows.. Weapons are a no go and perhaps there could be a setting which made it so that any collisions amongst players caused both teams to loose.

more along this line.

VS mode in multiplier would probably be just a space race.

I don't like to think of violence in KSP what so ever. No only is real life space combat really boring and tedious, it isn't what kerbals or this game for that matter is about.

First to finish the tech tree or reach some sort of goal (ie first to land on the mun) seems like plausible ways to play. Multiplayer is far away, so i feel like there is plenty of time for the Dev's to think of a VS mode.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.