[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

snip

For the time being, I'll go with the latter. Please chime in with suggestions.

Next up: LLL.

Mr Wizerd is helping with the LLL tweakscale config we've been working on, so I would recommend sending him a PM; it's in a pretty workable state although there were one or two parts missing and I hadn't been having much luck getting the custom scale to work.

Suggestion: Allow Scaling of the adapter parts, Currently I can scale a tank to 5M, but then can't scale an adapter to make it fit nicely.

I'm working on adding scaling to existing adapters. Problem is, you can't just rescale a 5m:3.75m adapter to 3.75m:2.5m. Here's a diagram:

7f3VA0X.png

The first column is default size, the top row is rescaled size. Only the green cells contain sensible adapter sizes.

Mr Wizerd is helping with the LLL tweakscale config we've been working on, so I would recommend sending him a PM; it's in a pretty workable state although there were one or two parts missing and I hadn't been having much luck getting the custom scale to work.

Oooh. Kinda already done it, but if others have too, I'd love to compare.

I'm seeing the same "disappearing weirdness" as well;

http://i.imgur.com/RXkSmgh.png?1

The docking port is a space station and I can't normally see through the Mun.

EDIT; Replaced the dll's in the Tweak Scale dir with 1.10 ver's and all is back as it should.

http://i.imgur.com/ieCSlD2.jpg

I have 91 items in my GameData folder so I'm not sure where the interaction is or if a save would be of any help.

Great! Now I have a bit more to work from. If you send me a picture of your gamedata folder, I'm more than willing to take the time to piece together which mods they are and install and see if I can make things break here. Or, you know, just a craft file.

And by Golly it's irritating to know there's a bug in your software and not being able to replicate it.

btw, do you guys only get this behavior after loading a craft? i.e, making something in the VAB works fine, but loading a saved craft mucks things up?

Edited by Biotronic

@mod author(s)

Could you make engine sizing unlocked by default but restricted to multiples of 1.25? There might be other people who need ~7000 ton ascent vehicles for various purposes.

http://i.imgur.com/I7hxhBl.jpg

You mean allow sizes above and beyond 5m? I will not. If you want to for your own game, you can edit DefaultScales.cfg in the TweakScale folder, and change this:

SCALETYPE
{
name = stack
freeScale = false
scaleFactors = 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 3.75, 5.0
scaleNames = 62.5cm, 1.25m, 2.5m, 3.75m, 5m
massFactors = 0.0, 0.0, 1.0
defaultScale = 1.25
}

to add more sizes:

SCALETYPE
{
name = stack
freeScale = false
scaleFactors = 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 3.75, 5.0, 6.25, 7.5, 8.75, 10.0, 11.25, 12.5, 13.75m, 15, 16.25, 17.5, 18.75, 20.0
scaleNames = 62.5cm, 1.25m, 2.5m, 3.75m, 5m, 6.25m, 7.5m, 8.75m, 10m, 11.25m, 12.5m, 13.75m, 15m, 16.25m, 17.5m, 18.75m, 20m
massFactors = 0.0, 0.0, 1.0
defaultScale = 1.25
}

If you want even more sizes, you should be able to figure out how.

I'm seeing the same "disappearing weirdness" as well;

http://i.imgur.com/RXkSmgh.png?1

The docking port is a space station and I can't normally see through the Mun.

EDIT; Replaced the dll's in the Tweak Scale dir with 1.10 ver's and all is back as it should.

http://i.imgur.com/ieCSlD2.jpg

I have 91 items in my GameData folder so I'm not sure where the interaction is or if a save would be of any help.

Crud. I tried replicating the ship using TweakScale 1.10 and loading it with 1.13. Still no problems. G'dangit.

Hey, just thought I'd let you know three things:

1 - excellent plugin, I've been just using it for the IR rework, but realised it's immensely helpful getting 5m things without installing Novapunch or pFairings. Hooray!

2 -

OlBb4Z1.png
(though now I think about it, that's likely related to the adapter problem you already mentioned)

3 -

DUTQK6F.png
(at least I'm pretty it's TweakScale... The fairings were working fine last time I checked and the only thing I've changed since is removing CoolRockets and updating TweakScale)

EDIT: Yep, confirmed, it's this breaking the fairings.

D9hz8ph.png
Note that no fairings were tweaked at all, in both instances, the 3.75m expanded fairings were used and unchanged. Oh, and this is with 1.13.
Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Oooh. Kinda already done it, but if others have too, I'd love to compare.

We've also have it set up to disable some parts since this handily removes the need for a re-scaled lines of parts.

e.g.

@PART[4x2*] 
{
!TechRequired = DELETE
!entryCost = DELETE
category = -1
}

The next version of LLL will have this as a 'required' (well, strongly recommended) mod, I think.

btw, do you guys only get this behavior after loading a craft? i.e, making something in the VAB works fine, but loading a saved craft mucks things up?

Yes, that's exactly it (for me, anyway).

In the aforementioned session, when I loaded a pre-1.13 craft it was missing parts as I described. As an experiment, I immediately loaded a new control module from the sidebar (the one I loaded with the craft did not seem to be acting as a root part) and once I did that, I was able to attach all the existing components to that part and all seemed well.

Of course, you can imagine my hesitation with loading anything already flying!

Again, once I reverted to 1.11, the saved craft loaded normally.

Here's my gamedata dir:

gamedata.jpg

Good luck with finding the problem!

Hey, just thought I'd let you know three things:

1 - excellent plugin, I've been just using it for the IR rework, but realised it's immensely helpful getting 5m things without installing Novapunch or pFairings. Hooray!

Thanks a lot!

2 -
OlBb4Z1.png
(though now I think about it, that's likely related to the adapter problem you already mentioned)

Yeah, it is. I think I'll go through and add adapters in 1.15.

3 -

EDIT: Yep, confirmed, it's this breaking the fairings.

D9hz8ph.png
Note that no fairings were tweaked at all, in both instances, the 3.75m expanded fairings were used and unchanged. Oh, and this is with 1.13.
DUTQK6F.png
(at least I'm pretty it's TweakScale... The fairings were working fine last time I checked and the only thing I've changed since is removing CoolRockets and updating TweakScale)

Thanks for noticing! This is actually a bug that has been present since TweakScale 1.0 (and exists in Gaius Goodspeed's original GoodspeedTweakScale). The problem triggers due to these two lines in the .cfg for the fairing bases:

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.217, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.588, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

Because the two nodes have the same name, the plugin moves both to the same position, so it's not actually gone, they're just overlapping.

Anyways, this problem has now been solved, and 1.14 is available for download!

Sadly, this brings me no closer to resolving the problems that people report.

Edited by Biotronic

<look at all the snip>

Excellent news! Thanks for fixing it so quickly! I don't really mind about the adapters (yet), I was just trying to make a mock up of some 2.5m-5m-2.5m heavy modules I'm planning on lifting soon. I was actually just making the skycrane for it, so yeah, it's not a big problem. However, I would like it if, when you sort them out, you add in compatibility for Near Future Construction too, as that has some excellent structural pieces I'd like to tweak in size, including adapters. Not too fussed about the propulsion/solar/electrical side of things, as it already has a good range of sizes, but the structural side of things would be nice.

To be honest with you, I don't know why the fairings have that additional attach node in the middle there. I might as Kyle or Winston next time I see them.

Thanks again! :D

Rescaled Kethane tank nodes moving inside the tanks on reload in VAB.

Squad tank nodes moving inside the tanks on reload in VAB.

Nodes of scaled Engine moving outside of Engine.

Up and down direction. Locks like the nodes are on the position of the unscaled part.

Edited by Kolago

MechJeb_TweakScale.cfg is breaking rockets with MechJeb 2 (AR202 case) in the VAB, only a few parts of the original rocket are loaded.

Thanks! That seems to be the culprit. Fixed in 1.15.

I would like it if, when you sort them out, you add in compatibility for Near Future Construction

Added to the list. Expect a .cfg in a few hours, and that it's included in 1.16.

To be honest with you, I don't know why the fairings have that additional attach node in the middle there. I might as Kyle or Winston next time I see them.

Thanks again! :D

Yeah, me neither. But that's how it is. And sure, it's a pleasure.

Up and down direction. Locks like the nodes are on the position of the unscaled part.

Looks like some problem with another mod. Checking...

God damnit. This seems to be caused by the 'fix' I made for the KW nodes.

Looks like some problem with another mod. Checking...

It's not. At least, I have the same with only Kethane and TweakScale.

God damnit. This seems to be caused by the 'fix' I made for the KW nodes.

It's not. At least, I have the same with only Kethane and TweakScale.

Ok, so I don't feel stupid any more. :confused:

Think I got it. 1.16 out.

Sorry, ObsessedWithKSP. It seems you'll have to wait for 1.17 before you see NFT supported.

I don't think so. Try to up and down scale some more and it still happens in VAB. :rolleyes:

But the MechJeb problem is gone for now. :)

Edited by Kolago

I don't think so. Try to up and down scale some more and it still happens in VAB. :rolleyes:

But the MechJeb problem is gone for now. :)

Yeah. It was a simple typo. The exact same use case was tested, others were not. Man, I'd love to have a system for automated tests in KSP.

...maybe I'll have to write one.

Anyways, 1.17 fixes this. Also, it includes NFT support. :cool:

And now, RLA support is available here. Will also be included in 1.18.

Edited by Biotronic