[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

Since biotronic was recently active on the forum, I would ask that we please give her/him a couple days before posting unofficial fixes. A few days without a mod isn't going to kill anybody. :)

Edited by NathanKell

Okay, if anyone wants to fix this for 0.25, heres how. Download KSPAPIExtensions for 0.25: https://github.com/Swamp-Ig/KSPAPIExtensions/releases.

Then, download and drag TweakScale into your GameData folder, then extract and put the dll from KSPAPIExtensions into TweakScale/plugins.

It will say it is incompatible on the update checker, but it is actually compatible. It just checks for version numbers. :) Your welcome.

Okay, if anyone wants to fix this for 0.25, heres how. Download KSPAPIExtensions for 0.25: https://github.com/Swamp-Ig/KSPAPIExtensions/releases.

Then, download and drag TweakScale into your GameData folder, then extract and put the dll from KSPAPIExtensions into TweakScale/plugins.

It will say it is incompatible on the update checker, but it is actually compatible. It just checks for version numbers. :) Your welcome.

***AND*** Make certain you don't have any other copies of said file scattered around the GameData directory, anywhere in the directory structure (e.g. procedural parts and procedural fairing both include the outdated KSPAPIExtensions.dll, you'll need to overwrite the old file with the updated one). If such obsolete copies exist, you must also replace them with the new one. There are a number of other mods that include the KSPAPIExtensions.dll in their package. Also, it seems to be helpful if you leave a copy of the new KSPAPIExtensions.dll in the GameData root, as well.

It's only "duct tape" temporary quickfix. Not a full fix. It doesn't reliably work on all components. The whole shebang needs to be adjusted and debuggified, recompiled, released. Assuming I correctly judged the gist of what Ivan was asking.

Edited by Scourge

It seems to work for everyone who eliminates all other factors and user error.

I tried a number of times, but have eventually got it to work with the KSPAPI from Swamp-Ig.

Compatability checker gives an error in the mod "scale" when KSP is loading but it functions correctly.

It works correctly, in general, as long as you manage to find and replace all instances of the obsolete KSPAPIExtensions.dll, but a number of components that should, and used to be, supported, still don't apply the function properly. But it's better than nothing, until the proper fix is in. Ignoring the compatibility checker error should be a given, if y'all are anything like me. I've got about a dozen or so warnings that I'm simply ignoring for now. I don't even bother to look at the compat checker at this point. LOL. I pretty much consider the whole deal to be a work in progress for the next week or so. I have always, and likely always will, played a fairly mod-heavy configuration. Perhaps less so in the future, as KSP progresses toward full finished release status.

Hiya guys!

Like I mentioned a few pages back, I'm very busy with work and other stuff at the moment. With luck, I'll get an update up before midnight UTC today. In the meantime, sit tight and enjoy all the other things you can do in 0.25!

Compatability checker gives an error in the mod "scale" when KSP is loading but it functions correctly.

The message is pretty much inherent to replacing the .dll this way and should in this case be ignored. As always with fiddling with these kinds of things, at your own risk and no support provided by any official modmaker.

Hey, there 'e is! Thanks for the headsup, Biotronic. I promise we'll all be patient. By which I mean, actually, we'll all b*tch and curse and generally act irrationally impatient, but we'll at least TRY to be patient. Seriously, though, thanks for letting us know you're on it.

And it's up!

I'm putting almost blind faith in NathanKell on this release. He's done all the work and deserves all the praise. (for this release. I'm still taking credit for some of the other work :P)

Now, I can finally sit down for a few hours and send rockets into the (virtual) sky.