Post your terrible, but cool looking rockets/planes

Now for those sandbox players who want to make absolutely anything and everything, we're not exactly BAD at the game, but from time to time, design completely overtakes function and we end up with the coolest looking thing that flies like a milk truck with wings.

I still sometimes make things that ARE very functional and do look good at the same time, but this is a thread for the hopeless creations

Here's a thread to post em

Here's my SR-71 cousin.

2048x864.resizedimage

Flying Starfish (Flies upside-down)

C2AA6C689EE7534F31AA227FA39D926FD1712661

RGF28O8.jpg

This is OCS3. It's been succeeded by the nth iteration of OCS4, which flies very well but comparatively looks boring.

It didn't fly very well because of the angled wings, which was largely an aesthetic feature.

With them being angled how they were, it had very little lift and would drop like a stone once its velocity fell below 150m/s.

The double rudders and cambered landing gear were also interfering design choices which were largely aesthetic.

Edited by Blue

Fly like hell or not, did that actually work?

It flies fine, the problem is keeping the tonnage below 20t while keeping enough dV for a high altitude EVE launch while also keeping the Taurus shape. Anything below 34ish tons and it begins to look more like a typical EVE lander kludge than a "clean" craft. Still a work in progress.

Here's my badass cargo helicopter, for transporting equally badass stuff.

QmVX2g6.png

Needless to say, I'm a terrible pilot and almost always manage to **** things up.

xhOF78K.png

I also tried developing my own shuttle before giving up and downloading Giggleplex's.

BMOs3i7.png

My MULE project was a... complete disaster.

fuTjW9E.png

Although a subsequent version actually made it to the Mun. Doesn't he look happy? :P

And here's a re-supply aircraft carrying two rovers, a transmitter, and a lighting system to my polar base.

XsRvvCl.png

Sigh... My failed project N1L3 Lunar Rocket. I gave up hope when this thing hit +1100 parts and reduced my frame rate to about 6 fps. This thing also went out of control when Block A (the 1st stage) ran out of fuel, even with mechjeb. I might revive this rocket... maybe...

Q2lKARl.png

g83qlYU.png

JSFlN5K.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.