[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

I love the look of this mod, but when I tried it .24 said the firespitter that came with it was not compatible. I run on a Mac. Any ideas?

You need to download the latest Firespitter plugin.

Here's a link to the latest: http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/220252-firespitter

Edited by Starwaster

Porkjet, this are great looking parts. I think I just found my new favourite cargo bay that work well with FAR.

BTW, while loading game, debug window is throwing some errors about missing texture (not that anything is missing or not working correctly in game).

[LOG 17:03:01.368] Load(Model): SpaceplanePlus/Parts/mk2Cockpit_Inline/model

[ERR 17:03:01.389] Texture 'SpaceplanePlus/Parts/mk2Cockpit_Inline/USK Exp' not found!

[LOG 17:03:01.447] Load(Model): SpaceplanePlus/Parts/mk2Cockpit_Standard/model

[ERR 17:03:01.453] Texture 'SpaceplanePlus/Parts/mk2Cockpit_Standard/USK Exp' not found!

Porkjet, this are great looking parts. I think I just found my new favourite cargo bay that work well with FAR.

BTW, while loading game, debug window is throwing some errors about missing texture (not that anything is missing or not working correctly in game).

[ERR 17:03:01.389] Texture 'SpaceplanePlus/Parts/mk2Cockpit_Inline/USK Exp' not found!

[ERR 17:03:01.453] Texture 'SpaceplanePlus/Parts/mk2Cockpit_Standard/USK Exp' not found!

Ah interresting thx for the hint, Ima investigate!

ever considered adding an optional texture in the part it self that looks like the B9 parts? I would love to use your parts but I want like 2 different textures even though I like yours more!

Yes I'm considering exactly that, but think about the additional memory these textures would consume, also the time it would take to make them. Of course I'll use my time to make more parts right now and wait for such optional gimmicks till SP+ is at a somewhat 'finished' state, or whatever I perceive as such. Also give 64bit KSP some time to become more stable so bigger file sizes will be less of a problem. But yea it would be pretty cool to have a downloadable texture pack to morph it to B9+

Has anyone ever done a retexture of b9 parts? That pack has some great parts but the half finished look bugs me and I never use those parts. It'd be awesome to see SPP compatible texture pack for b9 - not sure how licensing would affect a project like that. Love SPP BTW porkjet... Can't wait for the next release :)

Spaces in resource URLs. Unity has never liked that.

So I am having trouble with getting RPM and Spaceplanesplus to work together in .24 x64. It works, but it doesnt show the amount of monitors you have going on here, just 1 in the whole IVA.. Anyone else have this problem?

So I am having trouble with getting RPM and Spaceplanesplus to work together in .24 x64. It works, but it doesnt show the amount of monitors you have going on here, just 1 in the whole IVA.. Anyone else have this problem?

Can confirm this, I assumed it was just the one monitor that was modded, would be nice to have more as the cockpit doesn't give too much away about your surroundings although fairly sure adding more monitors would be done by the RPM maker.

Edit: RPM adds lots of monitors in spaceplane plus cockpits, just needs to be installed correctly (still working that bit out)

Edit 2: got them working by doing a clean install of both mods, make sure to delete the old files otherwise things get messy and ships are fed to the kraken

Edited by EliteASH_11

Hello, so ive decided to make a plane .. (big surprise) more or less f117 inspired but note that i never said i would be making a replica. so i introduce you to this:

More or less flies well,i decided to abondon rapiers compleatly, too heavy for engines and thrust/efficiency is really bad, getting back to clasic turbojets(more atmospheric speed) and a aerospike negine (has the same thrust as rapier rocket mode, but higher isp) , its still in devolopment, while in space using aerospike it pushes the nose down, there is a tiny difference between CoT and CoM (manageable with pushing nose up using tourque of cockpit), i guess its becouse of landing gear but it didnt cause problems before.. hmm also needs some fuel pump in space. or CoM falls behind CoL

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Yes I'm considering exactly that, but think about the additional memory these textures would consume, also the time it would take to make them. Of course I'll use my time to make more parts right now and wait for such optional gimmicks till SP+ is at a somewhat 'finished' state, or whatever I perceive as such. Also give 64bit KSP some time to become more stable so bigger file sizes will be less of a problem. But yea it would be pretty cool to have a downloadable texture pack to morph it to B9+

Hi Porkjet,

I suggest you to don't do it B9 mk2 parts are not compatible with yours,

l20Q8lX.png

I'm loving the parts from this but um, just two tiny things are bugging me:

1. Wouldn't it be better if the connecting nodes were 2.5m-sized? I think the 1.25m ones are a bit on the flimsy side and the parts are kinda between 1.25m and 2.5m size.. (the 0.23.5 update changed the nature of connection strength to be more node-oriented)

2. The inline clamp-o-tron bit is rather flexible compared to the other parts...

(I'd also love a nice early tech tree single-engine mount option, hehe)

Wouldn't it be better if the connecting nodes were 2.5m-sized? I think the 1.25m ones are a bit on the flimsy side and the parts are kinda between 1.25m and 2.5m size.. (the 0.23.5 update changed the nature of connection strength to be more node-oriented)

Big connection nodes might make it rather hard to get payloads positioned in the cargo bays... they might be trying to snap to the lower of the two big overlapping nodes.

I haven't had any structural issues with the current node size, though I do tend to add a few reinforcing struts out of habit from back before they made joints stronger.