[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

Not sure whether to blame conflictions or not but in both of my KSP games (using different mods) the game will lag out to the point of freezing up whenever I clip SP+ wings together, or atleast it seems that's what causes it. Anyone else seen this before?

EDIT: Not sure if the wings caused it but while in the middle of building KSP started throwing out the error "The requested operation caused a stack overflow" and after spamming that for a few seconds KSP locked up and I had to alt-F4 it.

I am using active texture management and I am not getting any out of memory crashed so I don't think that is the issue.

I experience this too, only with he cockpit. I carefully tested it and when placing the cockpit in the editor the game starts to increasingly lag till it runs at about 0,5 fps. I have hardly any mods (the game takes up 2,8 GB ram).

I experience this too, only with he cockpit. I carefully tested it and when placing the cockpit in the editor the game starts to increasingly lag till it runs at about 0,5 fps. I have hardly any mods (the game takes up 2,8 GB ram).

Quick question - what does your output_log.txt say? I've had serious problems with SP+ involving Stack Overflow Exceptions which pushes FPS down to 1 or lower and more often than not, crashes the game. Just wondering if I'm alone in this..

I do have quite a lot of mods installed, but SP+ has behaved really well beforehand, but since the last update, I can't stay in the SPH for more than a minute before everything goes to pot :(

Quick question - what does your output_log.txt say? I've had serious problems with SP+ involving Stack Overflow Exceptions which pushes FPS down to 1 or lower and more often than not, crashes the game. Just wondering if I'm alone in this..

I do have quite a lot of mods installed, but SP+ has behaved really well beforehand, but since the last update, I can't stay in the SPH for more than a minute before everything goes to pot :(

I solved it by disabling FOV markers. It's 2:50 here so I'll look at logs later.

Do you have RPM installed to properly go with the interiors? Not having it might be causing the issue.

Do you have RPM installed to properly go with the interiors? Not having it might be causing the issue.

Yes sir, indeed I do. Couldn't play without it, in fact :P

Also, I'd like to post two videos, if I may. The first is trying to build a spaceplane - nothing is changed except for action groups, amount of oxidiser in the tail adapter and the amount of monoprop in the cockpit. The second is recreating the first but first disabling RPMs FOV markers. The first ends in a stack overflow exception, the second works fine (the plane was rubbish and fell apart, but that's not exactly SP+'s fault now, is it....)

The point is, disabling FOV markers seems to fix the stack overflow exceptions. I'm wondering if this is a bug regarding SP+ 1.2.1 and RPM 0.16 working together or one of them by itself - I know that RPM 0.17 is near release, perhaps that will fix the errors?

Anyway, video 1 - not disabling RPMs FOV markers. Spoiler alert - it ends with a severe FPS drop when attaching the intakes that resulted in a crash FRAPS didn't capture:

And video 2, building as far as possible, the same plane but first, disabling RPMs FOV markers. You'll notice FPS remains steady throughout the entire build, which means launching the craft is possible.

When it goes live in an hour or two, it'll show here. And with that, I'm off to bed. I hope Porkjet sees this :/

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

These parts really look great. Unfortunately, unless I'm missing something, they are really inefficient. MK2 Fuselage LFO weights the same as an FL-T800 tank (0.5t) but contains less fuel and is larger. Why? FL-T800 fits inside easily. I could edit the parts to correct this but update wise I'd prefer if you'd do this yourself. Still, thanks a lot for these great parts.

These parts really look great. Unfortunately, unless I'm missing something, they are really inefficient. MK2 Fuselage LFO weights the same as an FL-T800 tank (0.5t) but contains less fuel and is larger. Why? FL-T800 fits inside easily. I could edit the parts to correct this but update wise I'd prefer if you'd do this yourself. Still, thanks a lot for these great parts.

structural reinforcement carries extra mass. that's true in real life and parts in KSP are no different. I cant say for sure how much of the fuselage can carry fuel but it's not 100% of its volume. Even that tank you're stuffing in there does not utilize 100% of its own volume.

the extra mass of plane parts is generally reflected in their higher crash ratings and breakingForce ratings. That's true for stock plane parts and every well balanced plane parts pack that's come along.

Edit: Re:stack overflows

Not a SP+ issue.

most of the stack overflows I've experienced in this game were plugin related. the output_log.txt file should give a hint as to where the trouble is by revealing the last operation.. it'll probably reveal a loop that it got stuck in that caused the overflow. not a memory issue exactly so ATM wont help. there's just limited room on the stack and if things keep being PUSHed onto it and not getting POPped off then... overflow.

Edited by Starwaster

But FL-T800 does not have heat shield and extra body lift. These pack parts inefficient for interplanetary spaceships. For spaceplanes they work much better than using pure rocket parts.

Edited by RidingTheFlow

But FL-T800 does not have heat shield and extra body lift. These pack parts inefficient for interplanetary spaceships. For spaceplanes they work much better than using pure rocket parts.

I'm in a phase where I've done pretty much everything possible so I design interplanetary SSTOs to have some engineering challenge. Still, I think wings provide more lift for less weight which renders these parts pretty but less useful (I might still end up using them, looks > usefulness, right?).

Ad heatshield: I play KSP without DRE so heatshield is useless.

/written while very drunk, liability limited to 0, do not take offense, [automatic]

Edited by theend3r

I'm in a phase where I've done pretty much everything possible so I design interplanetary SSTOs to have some engineering challenge. Still, I think wings provide more lift for less weight which renders these parts pretty but less useful (I might still end up using them, looks > usefulness, right?).

Ad heatshield: I play KSP without DRE so heatshield is useless.

/written while very drunk, liability limited to 0, do not take offense, [automatic]

Use them, don't use them.

Noodles, don't noodles.

More pictures you say?!

"Due to the engineering staff having a party that got a bit too rowdy with LOX, most of the designs plans and VAB were burned down. They were fired. A new staff was hired for the recently graduated interns. Dr. Von Kerman was kept on board however, mostly because the KSC staff were afraid to leave him unchecked for too long."

(After running into issues with the KSO mod, I had to reboot my whole KSP file. Which was ok, because it allowed for a clean slate on both my desktop and in my mind.)

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by sharpspoonful

I have just downloaded the mod and I experience (I think) problems with FAR. My vessels seem very unstable (I have no problem with the ones built with stock parts). Am I doing something wrong?

I have just downloaded the mod and I experience (I think) problems with FAR. My vessels seem very unstable (I have no problem with the ones built with stock parts). Am I doing something wrong?

what did i just say? IMAGES WE NEED IMAGES

you might want to turn off aerodynamic failures.

Although, like others, I have to insist on some pictures. You also don't even say what the failure is, so I am forced to presume that you're having structural failures.

And you know what they say about presuming.

When you presume, you make a pres out of u and me.

So, i didnt see you guys sharing any good plane photos lately ,i decided to bring back the trend, i find this simple talks and lack of shared images disturbing.

Awaiting your input

My stuff's pretty boring in comparison but I'll add it anyway:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

It has about 6k dv if refueled in space so it's interplanetary capable.

Guys! I MFD doesnt work :( I've already installed RasterPropMonitor and MFD displays for RPM and nothing works;

http://imgur.com/Orwn6sr

What should I do to have this:

http://i.imgur.com/PD3OgL1.jpg

Help me please!

are you sure those screens arent just "standby" mode, press some buttons :D if that doesnt fix it, than its with files, clean re install , follow instructions

are you sure those screens arent just "standby" mode, press some buttons :D if that doesnt fix it, than its with files, clean re install , follow instructions

look at the screenshot: RasterPropMonitor: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION ;.;

and where is RPM instructions for this cockpit?