[0.14] Instant Orbit / Debris Generator with bonus Asteroid

JellyCubes

So if you try this when you have 2 ships with the same name, will they just translate up to the new orbit height, without changing their position on the orbit, or will they both occupy the same point, and therefore destroy each other, or C, none of the above? I dont know, i havent tried it (I have a mac, and want to wait a little before i try it out)..

So if you try this when you have 2 ships with the same name, will they just translate up to the new orbit height, without changing their position on the orbit, or will they both occupy the same point, and therefore destroy each other, or C, none of the above? I dont know, i havent tried it (I have a mac, and want to wait a little before i try it out)..

All the ships are moved to the chosen orbit. It does not change the position along the orbit.

doesn\'t lift the ship off the pad in 0.14? leave the ship on the pad, spacecenter, close ksp.. then apply, open ksp, go to tracking station, ship is gone from the pad but still registers as being on the pad (alt = 0m, speed = 0, etc...) and the camera instead goes to a piece of debris from another launch floating in space...

so.. still no way to lift some super-large space station into orbit..

I compiled a Mac version based on the source in JellyCube\'s first post.

I can\'t test it properly because being in low-bandwidth land this week means I haven\'t been able to download KSP yet... but a few simple tests show that it\'s working.

To run it, stick it in the folder with the save file, right click (or hold ctrl and click) the program, and select 'Open With->Terminal'.

Please let me know if this works for you!

*Usual disclaimers: Back up your save file first or risk breaking it, be careful about programs from an unknown source (i.e.: me, teehee), I give no warrantee nor guarantees that this will work or not harm your computer*

This doesn\'t seem to be working for me

This doesn\'t seem to be working for me

I\'ve been using it myself, it\'s working fine. You have to put it in the saves folder though (right click on KSP.app, click 'show package contents', then put it in the saves/default folder, which has \'persistent.sfs\' in it).

I\'ve been using it myself, it\'s working fine. You have to put it in the saves folder though (right click on KSP.app, click 'show package contents', then put it in the saves/default folder, which has \'persistent.sfs\' in it).

So now the asteroid generator is released... pleae do a mac version, or tell us how to compile it ! it looks sooooo nice !

Jellycubes, does the asteroids have their own gravity ? If not, there\'s surely a way to do that with the module loader,no ? We could land a probe on them ;)

These asteroids aren\'t big enough for noticable gravity. You could still fly up to one of them and collect samples.

What\'s the instructions for a 70km x 70km Kerbin orbit? I typed \'Eiron Space Station\', \'1\' for Kerbin, \'70000\' for the semi-major axis thing, \'0\' for a circular orbit, and \'0\' for an equatorial orbit. ,_,

Didn\'t work.

So now the asteroid generator is released... pleae do a mac version, or tell us how to compile it ! it looks sooooo nice !

To compile it you need a c++ compiler installed. But I\'ve attached a mac version anyway.

Again, you have to put it inside the KSP.app saves folder (show package contents, etc), and you run it by right clicking -> open with terminal.

I haven\'t tested it properly, but it should work fine!

To compile it you need a c++ compiler installed. But I\'ve attached a mac version anyway.

Again, you have to put it inside the KSP.app saves folder (show package contents, etc), and you run it by right clicking -> open with terminal.

I haven\'t tested it properly, but it should work fine!

Cool, downloaded !

Testing... RAAAH THE 5OO METERS ASTEROID CAUSES INFINITE LOADING TIME BUG !!?!!!!! NOOOOOO !

That\'s maybe my KSP install (server cutting zips because of overloading), i will try it on a new clean install

Oh wow, I\'ve recently been playing around in universal sandbox and was wondering how long it would be for asteroids to turn up in KSP. No time at all apparently. Damn I love this modding community!

Gonna set a couple on elliptical orbits around Kerbol and see if I can intercept them.

Mbvb4.png

Lulz.

Looking NICE! However, would it be possible to populate the entire current system with asteroids, automatically? Of course, there couldn\'t be that many or else it would lag a lot, and it wouldn\'t even have to be random.

Just a few (100???) should be sprinkled around the orbits of all three bodies, so we could just hit 'execute' and we have a nicely populated solar system, in which we could waste many hours, or make retrieval missions.

But keep the belt option too! Maybe both?

What do you (guys??) think?

Yes, no, maybe so?

Wait... so can we land on the asteroids?

At the moment, we can\'t.

I very (very) gently approached the surface of it, and the bottom of my rocket slowly started turning into smithereens, piece by piece.

That would be awesome, though. I wonder if gravity can be scripted into parts... Forming a Mun out of debris, anyone?

Put the program in the KSP save file and run it.

Without any kind of in-depth tracking, it\'s very difficult to intercept an asteroid in Kerbol orbit. Landing isn\'t really possible either since the asteroid surface and the collider don\'t match up.

Put the program in the KSP save file and run it.

Without any kind of in-depth tracking, it\'s very difficult to intercept an asteroid in Kerbol orbit. Landing isn\'t really possible either since the asteroid surface and the collider don\'t match up.

Oh, I hit it though? Or jsut the entire mesh is slightly off because of verious concave/convex areas? (knows nothing about modeling n stuff)

And getting to one in Kerbol orbit will be hard... 1000 asteroids in Kerbin orbit at 1.5mil meters is so spaced apart...