Make the Kerbol solar System more weird

I just read this thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/80864-Axial-tilt-for-planets

and it occurred to me, that.. it might also be nice to make the Kerbol solar system a more weird place. For example, the orbit of one, far out planet like Eeloo or if Squad decides to add more bodies, make one go very eccentrically, out of plane or even retrograde, making it clear its a captured body. It would be a big challenge to even get there, given that it has such a strange orbit and even more so to make a return mission. Still, would be fun to try it!

An other idea would be, to make it actually a double star system, where both stars orbit a common center of gravity and are placed well within the Moho orbit. Landing on Duna and observing Suns-set, Tatooine anybody? It would also make great fun to try to park a spacecraft at the center of gravity.. Its unstable, I know, but difficult and therefore fun.

Cheers,

Semmel

I think they may have experimented with eccentric orbits with Eve's "moon", Gilly. Though perhaps Kerbol is a bit "crowded" to make an eccentric planet... however...

... if they DO expand, a binary star system WOULD be neat (but they'd have to work out how to make two suns spin around each other and not overlap, hilariously), and they could include one eccentric planet... which MAY even have separate sciences depending on what "season" it's in.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.