[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Ohoho, It's been a bizarre day. A big surprise to see this, but it makes me very happy :)

Now that you are rich and famous, take us all out for drinks to celebrate the success of Tantares. :cool:

Beale, Lexx Thai is right, LK has three-axis control; the thing here is that I think you and MACman have different frames of reference.

Looking engine block to Kontakt, the 40kgf thrusters provide pitch and yaw, and the 10kgf provide roll (MACman's FOR).

Looking like a cosmonaut out of the window, the 40kgf provide pitch and roll, and the 10kgf provide yaw (your FOR).

Edit:

Interestingly enough, astronauts in the LEM would have to do this frame of reference transition for CSM rendezvous, which worried some Grumman engineers a bit (the other engineers went more like "Meh, they're pilots; they'll handle"). I don't know if cosmonauts with Kontakt ever had to deal with that.

Edited by lindemherz

No. ->

And not so big. Really, KSP have lack of really small things, especially ullage engines and separation engines.

No, that is not landing radar.

http://epizodsspace.airbase.ru/bibl/energia46-96/254.jpg

At this picture landing radar shown as #17.

Thanks for the info!

I must have gone a bit brain dead reading MACman's diagrams (he has deleted his post?).

Yeah I would make the Nesting jets smaller than separatrons, plus they only need to fire for less than a second.

Now that you are rich

Bahahahah....

:(

Beale, Lexx Thai is right, LK has three-axis control; the thing here is that I think you and MACman have different frames of reference.

Looking engine block to Kontakt, the 40kgf thrusters provide pitch and yaw, and the 10kgf provide roll (MACman's FOR).

Looking like a cosmonaut out of the window, the 40kgf provide pitch and roll, and the 10kgf provide yaw (your FOR).

Edit:

Interestingly enough, astronauts in the LEM would have to do this frame of reference transition for CSM rendezvous, which worried some Grumman engineers a bit (the other engineers went more like "Meh, they're pilots; they'll handle"). I don't know if cosmonauts with Kontakt ever had to deal with that.

I recall the LEM-orientation-thing. They made a little deal out of it in the drama series (From the Earth to the Moon? With Tom Hanks).

If people use the LK's docking window and not RPM or whatever, they'll have to switch the pitch controls, a interesting little challenge, but probably not disastrous.

I'm just now making replacement flags for the current not-so-nice agency ones.

Kerwell North West is the company I'm giving to the Gemini, ATV and Cygnus.

Any suggestions? I'm not a graphic designer, nope.

(Any submissions? That would be cool!)

fd539be809.png

OR

f963702479.png

Edited by Beale

Congrats Beale on the new wave of popularity! :)

I love the ideas of the new RCS with complex thruster (although I'm not sure it can be easily implemented). I had a bizarre day too, but I'll look over already existing configs to make them ready for RealFuels and CRP update. :)

You are doing great! Keep up with awesome stuff!

EDIT: Oh, for the logo I might try something as well (although I'm not a designer too :D).

I'm just now making replacement flags for the current not-so-nice agency ones.

Kerwell North West is the company I'm giving to the Gemini, ATV and Cygnus.

Any suggestions? I'm not a graphic designer, nope.

(Any submissions? That would be cool!)

http://puu.sh/gi7p9/fd539be809.png

OR

http://puu.sh/gi7CV/f963702479.png

I like the second one.

Afraid I'm not a graphic designer either so I can't help directly, but one thing I'd do is use different colours for different manufacturers. At present they're all blue and grey, which looks nice and neat but doesn't give them much personality.

EDIT: I was just thinking that RSC Energia has a cool and distinctive logo, and I stumbled on this. Food for thought?

http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/rkk-energia/process/

Edited by Tapejara

I like the second one.

Afraid I'm not a graphic designer either so I can't help directly, but one thing I'd do is use different colours for different manufacturers. At present they're all blue and grey, which looks nice and neat but doesn't give them much personality.

That's actually a pretty good idea, I might try doing it, like light yellow/red for TST, blue for ADB etc.

Congrats Beale on the new wave of popularity! :)

I love the ideas of the new RCS with complex thruster (although I'm not sure it can be easily implemented). I had a bizarre day too, but I'll look over already existing configs to make them ready for RealFuels and CRP update. :)

You are doing great! Keep up with awesome stuff!

EDIT: Oh, for the logo I might try something as well (although I'm not a designer too :D).

Thanks!

You keep doing wonderful stuff! :)

I like the 2nd logo better than the first.
I like the second one.

EDIT: I was just thinking that RSC Energia has a cool and distinctive logo, and I stumbled on this. Food for thought?

http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/rkk-energia/process/

That's actually a pretty good idea, I might try doing it, like light yellow/red for TST, blue for ADB etc.

Wow, thanks for the feedback so quick! :)

You may guess I'm not so creative with colour (Grey spaceships!), so that kind of stuff is interesting ideas.

The link to RKK Energia is really nice!

The work that goes into these designs is absurd! :D

here's my entry for the K-NW thingy:

http://i.imgur.com/cLMDnaX.png

ooh! That's nice!

It reminds me of Elite for sure! :)

Would you mind if I re-purpose this for Tanto, the Fuji guys? I think the video-gamey look fits in!

ArcElite1.gif

Or Damocles maybe

7782f59695.jpg

I updated my previous post with another picture. I think, were several variants of LK construction. And the second picture I saw at one site with Landing Radar Unit photo.

Thanks again!

There is always differences between every picture of the LK that can be found.

I'll have to go see one in person to be sure :)

Edited by Beale

feel free to do what you want with the flag

Nice! Thanks :)

Did a quick vectorize of it in Photoshop, though the little craft still needs detail.

5b7376e4bd.jpg

Edit:

8f62b98ada.jpg

It could look okay without the detail, but I'm not sure.

394f160f58.jpg

Edited by Beale

That's pretty cool as it is! A brighter/bolder red would be nice but that's just me being picky.

Please, be picky!

Feedback for this things is good.

Interesting to try different colour schemes, even though I personally enjoy more quiet colours.

911f5a2749.jpg

Please, be picky!

Feedback for this things is good.

Interesting to try different colour schemes, even though I personally enjoy more quiet colours.

http://puu.sh/giewI/911f5a2749.jpg

Hmm, too bright, maybe you were right to begin with :D

Maybe move the text into the brighter blue bit, behind the craft?

I guess it's a case of coming up with five or ten permutations and then picking or combining one or two from that.

Hmm, too bright, maybe you were right to begin with :D

Maybe move the text into the brighter blue bit, behind the craft?

I guess it's a case of coming up with five or ten permutations and then picking or combining one or two from that.

I think that's a good plan :)

I'll have a look at the other companies in the time.

8ce39d98e0.jpg

2a2542f39b.jpg

911f5a2749.jpg

but wait if this is for the japanese equivalent shouldn't it be the planet in the center that is red? as in red planet, white background and ship, and blue thrust trial?

That's pretty interesting!

Though far from ZodiaK's design.

Hmmm

d4b0afae8a.jpg

Or

e0edec5b3a.jpg

OR

004c1e35a9.jpg

OR

a53e532f67.jpg

OR...

79cb0b95da.jpg

Edited by Beale

I like that first one, the problem with removing the craft is that someone who hasn't seen the design process might think it's a wonky pink Pacman...

I must have gone a bit brain dead reading MACman's diagrams (he has deleted his post?).

I wrote your nickname with a misprint. I have tried to edit the post. But he just disappeared. Apparently something went wrong.