[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Is that brownish color going to be on the finished product? It looks strange to me, especially compared to all the other solar panels having blue coloring. I know that the arrays are brown in real life, but it does ruin the stockalike feel.

The gold color is Kapton foil on the side opposite the cells. I wish all the panels had that look instead of drab grey.

http://web.archive.org/web/20140807172543/http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81537

Look at what I found...

Tanta!

Yeah, I know some people have been around for long enough to see the "Old Mod" download. But yeah, just for funsies. :sticktongue:

Ah Good memories! Playing with Tantares since the first release. Bobcat's soyuz was a bit too real for me so I went on a forum exploration to find a stockalike one! And I found it here!

All this ISS showcasing has got me in a station-y mood, so I have began to revamp the Salyut parts a little, soon to be seen!

(No worries about saves, these parts will have exactly the same dimensions).

Maybe there will be some new space-station-y parts alongside revamps of the old ones, but no promises.

Putting off the PPTS and Kliper just a little bit, eh?

It's happening !!!! :D

What about doing separate MIR and Salyut parts, keeping nearly the same sizes, but with variant details and textures, having a big white can with " MNP " written in it would be perfect :P

( Always the same guy with the same white colours requests )

Europa-Park_Rusio_kosmostacio_Mir_1.jpg

( Also, do you plan to do one or some new dishes for space stations like the ones we may see on this picture with orange and green yoghurt pot in the end of them ?

Ah, throwing us some crumbs?????????

cheers.

A couple of croutons. Pennies from heaven. :)

Noooo.. I was liking the brown texture. Could it be made available as an alt?

Unfortunately, it will be re-mapped UV-wise, so swapping out the original is a no-go.

That being said, something could be worked out, especially this upcoming DDS support would make alternate textures much easier (As easy as the TGA days).

Yup, and Leonardo PMM too, but no matter how much welding I was able to perform the station reached about 400 parts and as you may know it became a beautiful slideshow :s

Oh dear, I start hitting FPS troubles coming up to 1000+ parts, being limited to 400? My heart aches for you.

http://web.archive.org/web/20140807172543/http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81537

Look at what I found...

Tanta!

Yeah, I know some people have been around for long enough to see the "Old Mod" download. But yeah, just for funsies. :sticktongue:

Wow, where'd you dig that up? :D

I do enjoy that old icon, I should recreate it.

The gold color is Kapton foil on the side opposite the cells. I wish all the panels had that look instead of drab grey.

Nice info, thanks!

The recent pictures are simply wonderful! Looking forward to seeing them in game!

Many thanks! :)

It's happening !!!! :D

What about doing separate MIR and Salyut parts, keeping nearly the same sizes, but with variant details and textures, having a big white can with " MNP " written in it would be perfect :P

( Always the same guy with the same white colours requests )

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bb/Europa-Park_Rusio_kosmostacio_Mir_1.jpg

( Also, do you plan to do one or some new dishes for space stations like the ones we may see on this picture with orange and green yoghurt pot in the end of them ?

Hmmm, yeah this could be good. I think the later Salyut models, and MIR, had longer rear sections? Would be a nice alternate.

Colour schemes especially, I was planning to give this new Salyut a bit of striping (See Salyut 7), but not totally sure yet.

As for the "omni-greeble", the little bits I made for the LK were fun, so sure. :)

Hmmm, yeah this could be good. I think the later Salyut models, and MIR, had longer rear sections? Would be a nice alternate.

Colour schemes especially, I was planning to give this new Salyut a bit of striping (See Salyut 7), but not totally sure yet.

As for the "omni-greeble", the little bits I made for the LK were fun, so sure. :)

Salyut 7 and MIR rear section had more or less 1/4 of the original rear module size added, I noticed too that my salyut 6 / 7 looked a bit tiny for this reason. The colour stripes is a pretty good new to me who is in love with your station parts (give a try to the cream white/blue and red MNP of mir I am sure it would look great to match with your green tantares).

I am looking forward for your epic work as always :) .

Edited by spacecookie

Salyut 7 and MIR rear section had more or less 1/4 of the original rear module size added, I noticed too that my salyut 6 / 7 lookd a bit tiny for this reason. The colour stripes is a pretty good new to me who is in love with your station parts !

I am looking forward for your epic work as always :) .

A thought so! Yes, consider it confirmed as a new part then! (Though I would probably use the same IVA for both).

Although, I probably won't have "MNP" written, but probably something a little more generic.

Edit: A little birdie has informed me that the rear-section was actually a propulsion/fuel block, which is probably more suitable to be a separate part.

Edited by Beale

Edit: A little birdie has informed me that the rear-section was actually a propulsion/fuel block, which is probably more suitable to be a separate part.

Some kind of adapter with propulsion and enough space for the rear docking port would be really great.

I'm having a bit of a problem when trying to load the game. It's one of those scenarios where a part has stopped the loading. This is the part: Libra_Nesting_A. I re downloaded and I still come up with the same problem. Any options?

Do you have any other mods? Did you run out of memory? Do you have x64 version of ksp?

Do you have any other mods? Did you run out of memory? Do you have x64 version of ksp?

I actually deleted 2 of my mods just a while ago, I have the regular version, in fact I went back to .25 due to .90's glitches, I might put those on there though. As for memory what do you mean like on my computer?

Looks good.

"Glupy"?

Thanks!

óûуÿыù - placeholder :D

Ohh! It's a replacement for the Salyut part? That's what that is, yeah?

That it is! :)

Very nice!

Many thanks!

Looks great! Think it could do with the panel lines being a bit darker though, you've sharpened them up but now it's a bit hard to see them.

Thanks! :)

Yes, you are probably right - I'll play around with the transparency (It is currently 10% of #000000 vs. traditional 20%).

34862bcaa0.jpg

Edited by Beale

So much win :cool: It's great ! Have you tried more white stripes, or orange ones ? I really like the way it is going, but in my opinion, you should write vertically, as in orbit people usually like to have a " straight view " of their station. :)

( Oh and the old V2-C wasn't ugly, one of my favourite features of the mod has always been the salyut parts )

Edited by spacecookie