[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Just to give my opinion, I liked the green textures best (along with the stripey Salyut!) because that's what I associate Soviet spacecraft with, but those examples of white pods with accent colours look really good and very compatible with stock parts.

Personally, I liked and used every texture. Cream for ISS, gray and Salyut for Mir and Salyut like stations, green for transport and crew vehicles, white for experimental stuff like that one of Excalibur. So I'd like to see them all come back.

Fair point.

What are people's thoughts on the colour schemes in general?

Personally I really like your use of color. I have to admit I am something of a minimalist, so the simple grey with the the bands of color on the separator, or on the Soyuz service module, work really well I think. It's made effective because it is sparse. Also when you combine Tantares parts with stock, the simple color scheme allows you to create an aesthetically rocket ship. So I would say stick with simple colors minimally applied.

I agree, the alternative textures were very cool but I ended up not using them because the default ones mix so well with the other parts!

That's just my personal preference though :)

Just to give my opinion, I liked the green textures best (along with the stripey Salyut!) because that's what I associate Soviet spacecraft with, but those examples of white pods with accent colours look really good and very compatible with stock parts.
I like the accent colours.
Personally, I liked and used every texture. Cream for ISS, gray and Salyut for Mir and Salyut like stations, green for transport and crew vehicles, white for experimental stuff like that one of Excalibur. So I'd like to see them all come back.
I agree, the alternative textures were very cool but I ended up not using them because the default ones mix so well with the other parts!

That's just my personal preference though :)

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

For the default style, I will generally keep the style more or less the same. But you know I think a very small amount of colour here and there will improve the looks.

I do hope that fuel has a use :wink:

I am trying to make an SSTO similar, I will hopefully have something to show soon :)

More more more...

Gave the MIR panels a split.

Very small change, but looks much better in my opinion.

(They are exactly the same size as before).

8e3ba1aadd.jpg

c2e056e713.jpg

The dreaded Mun greeble.

44ed1876f2.jpg

Edited by Beale

wow .... I LOVE the new MIR Panels ... great work Beale ! realy looks more like MIR :cool:

Thanks!

Only stock and rocket SSTO test...

http://img98.rajce.idnes.cz/d9802/10/10447/10447390_7baedd9cfb1ead1a3fc4c0161e06b526/images/screenshot22a.jpg?ver=0

Start weight- 328t

Payload- 10t (orbit- 100/100)

Landing weight- 68t.

Nice! I might try this with stock parts instead as the fuel feeding makes more sense! :)

Also there is new IVA for Tantares pod.

3c13d4b7f2.jpg

f22e4b5adb.jpg

Vostok IVA is painful... Not sure how to orient things (I know how the real one goes, but it doesn't make the Gameplay layout too nice).

Edited by Beale

I hope my kerbals don't accidentally kick any controls while squeezing through that hatch! :D

Hehe!

No need to worry about that until a few KSP updates later.

That IVA looks really neat! For the Vostok IVA could you base it around the orbital Tantares module you've made? Maybe it wouldn't be as distinct, but I think it would functionally work very well.

I think you are right, a good idea. :)

Nice. I look forward to see the result :cool:

Here is a little filler.

Had a little fun.

The total part count is around 120... Still get that lovely ~100fps.

4a3cef8164.jpg3d939c2e67.jpg

570e7a5133.jpg

67c95289f6.jpg

very beautifull MIR Beale ... but .. Mün Orbit? :D

you should release teh craftfiles with the next update :)

Thanks!

Yes! The Mun, I wanted a challenge :)

Beautiful Mir!

Here is my Almaz inspired space station:

http://i.imgur.com/Q61o4Jo.png

Comes with defensive gun:

http://i.imgur.com/hVqUbLu.png

That's great!

The cannon fits better than I would think!

Maybe I can make some (Symetrical) Almaz panels... At some point.

Oddly the only decent diagram I found is in Spanish.

info-almaz.jpg

I can assemble various craft files if you want, beale! :)

Hey, if you have the time that would be fantastic! :D

I often lack the time to put them together for release (See lack of Fobos.craft).

Thanks!

From building the MIR, I decided:

- Need a part for Spektr.

- Need adapter for shuttle.

- Need shorter RCS tanks

- Need a part for Kvant-2

Edited by Beale

Nice news, Beale! Also, about that "- Need shorter RCS tanks", I'd prefer to make longer one to cover all the length of two stacked TKS parts (it always bugs me out when I make something Zarya/FGB-like)

By the time here is a double Proton proposed munar mission. Unfortunately, I brought on the lander only Prussian flags I made for UAL002 pack, as I use it as my default. :)

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Niemand303

Nice news, Beale!

By the time here is a double Proton proposed munar mission. Unfortunately, I brought on the lander only Prussian flags I made for UAL002 pack, as I use it as my default. :)

http://imgur.com/a/Sp09R

God, I love these more complex architecture missions, (As opposed to sticking everything on one rocket) really nice job on this :D

Also: That Block D (Block E?) + Those Yellow Launch clamps, I need a source!

P.S. It is good the future of MOSOI industries seems to be secure! :)

I would ask one thing? How did you find rendezvous and docking with the LK? I know it's default RCS layout makes it a bit awkward to linear translate.

On an unrelated note. OSX Yosemite seems to have broken my 3D modeller. Hopefully an update will fix it. :huh:

If (A slim chance) anyone else is using Wings 3D on the newer version of OSX, let me know if you experience problems also!

63d2a3eab6.png

Edited by Beale

God, I love these more complex architecture missions, (As opposed to sticking everything on one rocket) really nice job on this :D

Also: That Block D (Block E?) + Those Yellow Launch clamps, I need a source!

P.S. It is good the future of MOSOI industries seems to be secure! :)

I would ask one thing? How did you find rendezvous and docking with the LK? I know it's default RCS layout makes it a bit awkward to linear translate.

Thanks! I'm going to make in near future missions to build a Mun base with Vega modules. :)

Block D is actually ICPS from Aerojet Kerbodyne (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/76170) and launch clamps are from FASA (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24867). :)

All my orbital operations I perform with LOK (like IRL), as LK has a very limited amount of RCS, and yes, rotated thrusters work not so well with the game's command computers.

And about MOSOI, I hope so. It will take some time, I guess, but at least it's alive thanks to SpannerMonkey!