[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][{Proton Revamp]

Beale

Hmm, I could include some rescales in a future release.

For now, you could add

rescaleFactor = 2

to all of the Pollux part configs. That would give you what you want.

The Cygnus is that size as there already is a 1.25m supply craft with the progress (and soon to be a 2.5m one with the ATV).

Thanks that worked!

Thanks that worked!

Good to hear!

KSRO Launch Facility

Remote, textures are lacking detail, the VAB looks too small to fit anything bigger than a satellite launcher...

But I'm loving playing around with it, will be sure to release at some point.

Very WIP, it needs more buildings + clutter.

f243b0203b.jpg

784856228b.jpg

764bf11ace.jpg

ab4a36c7db.jpg

Hello Beale, I'm trying to put a launch pad on Duna, but everything I launch from it blows up as soon as the physics loads. I was just wondering what all the numbers in the config file mean so I don't have to ask you every time I want to put a launch pad on another planet.

That satellite launch station looks interesting, very cool and Stockalike

Hello Beale, I'm trying to put a launch pad on Duna, but everything I launch from it blows up as soon as the physics loads. I was just wondering what all the numbers in the config file mean so I don't have to ask you every time I want to put a launch pad on another planet.

That satellite launch station looks interesting, very cool and Stockalike

Sorry to say, but I don't think any of the numbers you can change will make a difference.

The "Exploding on pad" seems to be a quirk of Kerbtown when launching anywhere that isn't Kerbin (But it seems Minmus is lucky).

Either my model has some fault, or it is a bug of Kerbtown that I can't fix.

I'll try with the new landing pad on Duna and see what happens.

Well, all I did was change some things around on the minmus launch pad, like the name, and celestial body to match duna, and I changed the radius offset so it was above ground. I didn't do anything else.

Hmm, I'd say fly to Duna manually and try place one from scratch (CTRL-K in game to open the Kerbtown menu).

Ok, I'll be honest. I had no idea about the Kerbtown menu. This will solve a lot of my problems. Thanks again, Beale!

Edit - I put a fresh launch pad on Duna, and I used the LK Lander on it, and it spawned really high in the air.

Edited by Chadley123

Hey Beale, you thinking about expanding the pack to include launcher parts as well?

Thinking of it.

But my opinion on it: There are already (I think) 3 stockalike Soyuz launch vehicles, so making that or the proton in just a slightly different stock style seems kind of useless (Maybe people disagree?).

I was thinking maybe some of the ISRO launch vehicles (Which in the tiny Kerbin system would be able to carry much heavier payloads to orbit).

Or maybe the Vulkan or Europa series of fictional launch vehicles.

Still, who knows :confused:

Edit: I should say, if I were to do launch vehicles, I would probably do them as a separate pack.

Edited by Beale

I'd say the more launchers the merrier. Personally I've been using the Home Grown Soyuz-styled and 1.875m parts (especially the aerodynamic boosters) for launchers as of late, but I think there's room for something similar in a smaller size. (Because you could put a Tantares around Jool with the default SoyJuice system.)

Thinking of it.

But my opinion on it: There are already (I think) 3 stockalike Soyuz launch vehicles, so making that or the proton in just a slightly different stock style seems kind of useless (Maybe people disagree?).

I was thinking maybe some of the ISRO launch vehicles (Which in the tiny Kerbin system would be able to carry much heavier payloads to orbit).

Or maybe the Vulkan or Europa series of fictional launch vehicles.

Still, who knows :confused:

Edit: I should say, if I were to do launch vehicles, I would probably do them as a separate pack.

I think the point might have been made but I feel it bears repeating. Because of the size you have chosen for the Soyuz a proportionate launcher is kinda necessary. Bobcats R7 can be used for interstellar launches and HGR is quite overpowered for these parts as well. So I think if you made a proton or R7 it will be really nice. I don't think an antares is necessary because I made a very balanced rocket with KW for the cygnus. But everything else needs proper launchers.

Yes personally, I think that it would be a good idea to keep launchers in a separate pack.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next! :)

I think the point might have been made but I feel it bears repeating. Because of the size you have chosen for the Soyuz a proportionate launcher is kinda necessary. Bobcats R7 can be used for interstellar launches and HGR is quite overpowered for these parts as well. So I think if you made a proton or R7 it will be really nice. I don't think an antares is necessary because I made a very balanced rocket with KW for the cygnus. But everything else needs proper launchers.

As you and others have said, if other stock R7s can send a Tantares to Jool, maybe a small launcher is needed.

I can say you've swayed me a bit :)

IMHO the Pollux should have 1.875 (the one HGR uses) meter diameter for it to have same scale as your other ships.

It would be truer to real life. But the decision was taken to make the Pollux 0.625m to fill a niche of a 0.625m supply vehicle.

I think a re-scale to 1.25m or 1.875m would be good, but it would need some new textures and models.

Is the Apollo D-2 still in? And WOOHOO for Cygnus getting in!

Yep, check the "Download Old Mod" and it's still available. :)

i will fix some things on my Stock Soyuz and Proton and will give everyone here the link for it :) both rockets are in good scale to each other. Soyuz has no problem to lift the Tantares. Proton is a bit powerfull, so there will be some sparefull in the sthird stage, when lifting the TKS

but with kerbalengenier, it should be no problem to balance the amount of fuel, thanks to the tweakingsystem.

IMHO the Pollux should have 1.875 (the one HGR uses) meter diameter for it to have same scale as your other ships.
I think a re-scale to 1.25m or 1.875m would be good, but it would need some new textures and models.

uspknYX.png

Tantares, 1.875m rescaled Pollux, 1.25m rescaled Pollux, 0.625m Pollux, 2.5m SDHI/Stock CM

I think the 0.625m version is very small, 1.875 is a bit too big.

1.25m would fit nicely in my opinion.

Edited by johnwayne1930

Could you upload the cfg for the 1.875m rescaled Pollux?

Do it like Beale wrote.

For now, you could add
rescaleFactor = 2

to all of the Pollux part configs. That would give you what you want.

The Cygnus is that size as there already is a 1.25m supply craft with the progress (and soon to be a 2.5m one with the ATV).

rescaleFactor = 2 would be 1.25m

rescaleFactor = 3 would be 1.875m

Add the corresponding line after scale = 1 in the Pollux_Control_A.cfg & Pollux_Engine_A.cfg files.