Do you believe in the existence of highly advanced ancient Earth civilization before?

Instead of civilized discussion someone earns only to be called a crackpot conspiracy monkey and such by bringing up another view. However with such an attitude you are only supporting my own thinking about the world.

The more you guys reject alternative ideas the stronger i believe in them.

However this is not an discussion anymore here, it is an witch hunt. It reminds me of crusades and all the other bad things humanity did in it's extremely short existance here on earth.

Galileo Galilei risked to be burned by the church because he had another view. He dared to have another opinion and to controvert church. In what are you guys different from the church back then?

However earth has it's own means of getting rid of viruses (humans). Our bodies have a natural reaction for getting rid of viruses, it is fever. Earth will do the same. I will welcome the day when we start to boil at 50°C average temperature and all humanity will literally experience hell on earth because we are not worth to have any better fate.

so long

I wasn't pointing at you, I was directing the message/insult to the entire conspiracy community, which is, 99% a bunch of crackpot yapping apes. Why would I spend an entire paragraph blasting a single person (Unless said person is Hitler, but that's another case.)

Could you offer up an logical counterpoint to my argument? Could you show mending proof of the infrastructure needed to maintain an advanced civilization, rather than focusing on my last sentence and posting a rant about Galileo?

Also, the last paragraph makes you look crazier than ever.

Shoo shoo.

EDIT: I don't think a fever gets rid of viruses. Antibiotics and immune systems do, a virus causes a fever. And a fever doesn't kill a virus through high temperatures like you envision, you've got your biology messed up too!

Edited by NASAFanboy

Which is typical paranoid conspiracy crackpot behavior.

"If folks are refuting my ideas, it must be because they're part of a plot against those ideas".

Conspiracy theories and other crackpot theories like "Ancient Aliens" are popular because people like going against mainstream knowledge. They usually get this information from folks who are even more ignorant than them, but it makes them feel smarter than they are, like they are part of some kind of privileged group that is into the secret. After that, confirmation bias does the rest, because it's easier to accept all the made-up evidence found on conspiracy web sites rather than to admit that you were ignorant.

Galileo Galilei risked to be burned by the church because he had another view.

Crucially, Galileo's view was supported by good evidence. You'll be treated a lot more seriously if you did indeed strive to emulate him.

We don't reject alternative ideas, we reject ideas that are based on misinformation and unrelated conclusions.

If you don't have prove(that holds up) then you can't convince us.

It's like your flood comment where you say that all the evidence must have washed away.

But that means no one has proof that it ever existed.

But that brings us to a quote by James Randhi "You can't prove a negative."

We don't reject alternative ideas, we reject ideas that are based on misinformation and unrelated conclusions.

If you don't have prove(that holds up) then you can't convince us.

It's like your flood comment where you say that all the evidence must have washed away.

But that means no one has proof that it ever existed.

But that brings us to a quote by James Randhi "You can't prove a negative."

Does not feel at all like that. Established theory about the pyramids can't be proofed to, yet many believe in it blindly.

We for sure can't know what happened back there, why not considering different views?

I also sayed that i am well aware that i might be wrong but still there is nothing rock solid you could throw against the alternative theory yet.

There where always alternate explanations for your every of your so called evidences.

So proof ME to be wrong. That's the way it works. Every time i give an different view there are 20 post's trying to make me look ridiculous, so that's how science is supposed to work?

That's the best scientist can do? Make people look ridiculous so that the internet can laugh at them?

No, you guys are the ridiculous ones. Finest skills in trolling for sure.

Trying to shoo me away won't help too in this matter. I know that i am getting unpleasant. Live with it or you go away.

You have to ask the right questions if you want to progress. And some answers will hurt.

Thats NOT how it works. You have to supply hard evidence to your theory. Unless then, nobody is reuqired to look at it, even less disprove it. Learn what science is about before making such completely unscientific statements.

The standard one has lots of evidence, tons of papers backing it. Yours has nothing more than word of mouth and stuff that is easily explained by randomness.

Does not feel at all like that. Established theory about the pyramids can't be proofed to, yet many believe in it blindly.

We for sure can't know what happened back there, why not considering different views?

I also sayed that i am well aware that i might be wrong but still there is nothing rock solid you could throw against the alternative theory yet.

There where always alternate explanations for your every of your so called evidences.

So proof ME to be wrong. That's the way it works. Every time i give an different view there are 20 post's trying to make me look ridiculous, so that's how science is supposed to work?

That's the best scientist can do? Make people look ridiculous so that the internet can laugh at them?

Trying to shoo me away won't help too in this matter. I know that i am getting unpleasant. Live with it or you go away.

You have to ask the right questions if you want to progress. And some answers will hurt.

Your theory cannot be "proofed" too, and it is more ridiculous than, for example, saying that Egpytians were actually smart enough to build dirt ramps and apply an engineering mindset to the task rather than being "ALIENS SESAME" and having it generated by a UFO using antigravity and dark matter.

Have you even provided an acceptable counter argument to my question of "Where is the infrastructure?". Technological civilizations need infrastructure, without it they collapse. Show me where they have it with "proofs", and I will accept your argument.

Read Wikipedia. It's 999% more reliable than whatever conspiracy bullcrap that there is on the internet that you cite (ATS and Ancient Aliens, really? Are you kidding me? The fact that you sources from there is something entirely rock solid to throw against your "theory").

Edited by NASAFanboy

'sigh'

Have you ever read Wikipedia, at least once?

Here is a page on Pyramid structures. It has information on pyramids from various regions, including Egyptian, Mesoamerican, and even Chinese ones. Read every single one of them.

If you're still unconvinced, check every single notes and citations on each page you visit. Verify them using the best methods at your disposal.

Compare this to your own hypothesis about pyramids being in a past equator. Check each and every evidence on both sides. Analyze them closely. Evaluate your findings, and present it back here.

Until you do this, any argument you make to support your hypothesis will be irrelevant, and most likely be received negatively.

Edited by shynung

If everyone in a forum community dedicated to science scoffs at your theory and posts plenty of proof to disprove it, then there's a pretty good chance that it's not real. inb4NWO and inb4illumati

The pyramids were built by winged merfolk riding fire breathing unicorns. Prove me wrong. My theory is now just as valid as every scientist/archaeologist/anthropologist out there.

See, I can do it too.

Your theory cannot be "proofed" too, and it is more ridiculous than, for example, saying that Egpytians were actually smart enough to build dirt ramps and apply an engineering mindset to the task rather than being "ALIENS SESAME" and having it generated by a UFO using antigravity and dark matter.

Have you even provided an acceptable counter argument to my question of "Where is the infrastructure?". Technological civilizations need infrastructure, without it they collapse. Show me where they have it with "proofs", and I will accept your argument.

Read Wikipedia. It's 999% more reliable than whatever conspiracy bullcrap that there is on the internet that you cite (ATS and Ancient Aliens, really? Are you kidding me? The fact that you sources from there is something entirely rock solid to throw against your "theory").

Well there is it, i never said anything about aliens, UFO's, antigravity or dark matter in this thread. Also i never said anything about a technological civilization. On the contrary i mentioned that also an advanced civilization can be one without technology or at least technology we know. Just read back, only because we are like this does not mean that in the past others where the same. If they where aliens or not, who knows?

Also i never sayed the whole video is the truth that i posted the link for. I just picked one fact out of it because nobody would have believed it otherwise.

I am getting attacked here for nothing, because people have already predefined opinions and automatically put someone in bottom drawers before even considering.

That has nothing to do with some NWO or illuminati babble.

@shynung you are proposing something to me that maybe also you should do.

Also Wikipedia is not the holy grail of knowledge. There is plenty information about everything yes. But it is not the ultimate pool of knowledge that only (a) god can have.

@shynung you are proposing something to me that maybe also you should do.

Also Wikipedia is not the holy grail of knowledge. There is plenty information about everything yes. But it is not the ultimate pool of knowledge that only (a) god can have.

Wikipedia may not be the ultimate grail of knowledge, but it is one of the closest thing to it accessible to a typical internet user.

Also, I have read the relevant Wikipedia articles before I sent my posts. Where do you think I got all those numbers from?

Once again, you failed to produce any convincing evidence for your hypothesis, and resorts to criticizing what evidences I and several others have managed to produce.

Here's the article on Pangaea, timeline of human evolution, and more importantly the Agricultural Revolution.

Edited by KasperVld

If everyone in a forum community dedicated to science scoffs at your theory and posts plenty of proof to disprove it, then there's a pretty good chance that it's not real. inb4NWO and inb4illumati

Because popular consensus is just as good as proof when the evidence they have is flaky.

There is little, if any, evidence to say the pyramids where carved using chisels. There is no mountain of discarded chisels, no depiction of the godly skills the workers would have had to have, and few, if any, marks on the stones that could be attributed to a chisel or any other kind of machining for that matter. Personally, I subscribe to a theory that they used some kind of cement-esque material, which aside from the no mortar issue has a hell of a lot fewer engineering mysteries than carrying perfectly carved several hundred ton blocks up mountains (since people completely ignore the pyramids that where actually build on top of mountains).

The only people who use aliens to explain anything are either idiot, cointelpro, or just making an ad hominem attack, while probably also being idiots who blindly accept status que beliefs.

2.2 Forbidden content

Messages which contain or link to the following are explicitly forbidden:

Piracy or discussion of piracy;

Discussions of a political, ideological or religious nature;

Adult content, such as nudity, sexually suggestive or explicit images, gore and drugs;

Harassment of other users or staff, this includes insulting, threatening, stalking, racism, sexism and impersonation as well as posting private conversations;

Vulgarity and profanity;

Conspiracy theories;

Links to commercial initiatives; and

Roleplaying

2.3 Other forbidden messages

Messages that lack any substantial content, for example messages that contain only reaction images, simply a '+1' or jargon;

Messages that derail a topic or 'trolling'; and

Messages that inquire about release dates for future versions of KSP.

2.4 Language, placement spelling and grammar

All messages must be sent in English unless otherwise indicated. The user should make an effort to place a new thread in the right forum section and must attempt to use proper grammar and spelling in all messages, meaning that txt-speak, 1337-speak and other exclusionary jargons are prohibited.

Honestly guys, while I do like a good discussion I'm surprised this thread survived as long as this, there have been many posts that really don't belong, and the whole topic is a Space Lounge thread at best, but the conspiracy stuff tips it over the edge.

The Science Labs are supposed to be for science, stuff with tested falsifiable evidence, peer review, or real world practical applications (like technology)

There's been altogether far too much off-topic stuff in this section of the forums recently, please actually think about what you are posting and why, and whether it belongs here.