Kerbal Corp Wars!

StrahmDude

however you have to pay for each one, and it still must fit INSIDE your carrier. They cannot go between planets. However we did decide they could go between moons, right Chroninja?

- - - Updated - - -

By the way guys, It turns out I will, yet again, be busy for about five more weeks. I got bad information about when we would be on break and such. However, Chroninja and I can still make some KCW videos. We still have that similar time thing I talked about. The only thing stopping this is my homework, presentation, and 2 papers.......

I am on today though...

I'm fine with fighters being able to go between moons.

Also what similar time thing?

however you have to pay for each one, and it still must fit INSIDE your carrier. They cannot go between planets. However we did decide they could go between moons, right Chroninja?

- - - Updated - - -

By the way guys, It turns out I will, yet again, be busy for about five more weeks. I got bad information about when we would be on break and such. However, Chroninja and I can still make some KCW videos. We still have that similar time thing I talked about. The only thing stopping this is my homework, presentation, and 2 papers.......

I am on today though...

Sad to hear that, i'll try to rack up my craft inventory and will finally put some of them onto the server so my terittory fills up. Then you guys have some additional things to show in your vids :)

I think i might be able to do that this weekend, if thats not the case i'll post it here :)

*still got to learn how hyperedit works* XD

Sad to hear that, i'll try to rack up my craft inventory and will finally put some of them onto the server so my terittory fills up. Then you guys have some additional things to show in your vids :)

I think i might be able to do that this weekend, if thats not the case i'll post it here :)

*still got to learn how hyperedit works* XD

ctr. + h = have fun with not waiting hours launching ships

Also, you know there is a dark multiplayer save where you put your ship files, so they are on the server right?

Yes, i do know :)

If that's all so "easy" the fleet could be up on saturday night, got quite a lot to do on saturday but well it would be your afternoon then XD

The big problem is what we encounter which is when two people do it at the same time and the game makes some ships go faster on rails than others. Thus why the battle video isn't out.

BTW: It is almost that easy, right after you put it on the launch pad all you have to do is set the planet and the altitude and boom you save more time than most people will admit.

The big problem is what we encounter which is when two people do it at the same time and the game makes some ships go faster on rails than others. Thus why the battle video isn't out.

BTW: It is almost that easy, right after you put it on the launch pad all you have to do is set the planet and the altitude and boom you save more time than most people will admit.

Hopefully we wont have this issue. Fingers crossed.

I didn't manage to the stuff properly, thats why i have nothing sent to orbit on the server, the stuff i had to do this weekend took way more time than i expected :/

Just make sure to let me know if you want the server up a week in advance. I don't usually keep it up, because that would require my computer being on 24/7.

Just make sure to let me know if you want the server up a week in advance. I don't usually keep it up, because that would require my computer being on 24/7.

Aye, I'll send you a message if i need it up. Will do the crafts in a local save and then copy them to the server :)

Quick suggestion Lads, and or Ladies. In order to have control over a system/planet/moon you need to place down some sort of Claim Maker, If anyone plays EVE Online they will see where I'm going with this, now whilst a faction has a claim maker over a certain territory, it is theirs, period. And in order to take control of a system you must first destroy the enemy's claim maker, and then install your own. And we caould maybe expand on this futher to add things like Fortifications, things that must be destroyed before your Claim maker can be destroyed, anyways, just a suggestyion.

Quick suggestion Lads, and or Ladies. In order to have control over a system/planet/moon you need to place down some sort of Claim Maker, If anyone plays EVE Online they will see where I'm going with this, now whilst a faction has a claim maker over a certain territory, it is theirs, period. And in order to take control of a system you must first destroy the enemy's claim maker, and then install your own. And we caould maybe expand on this futher to add things like Fortifications, things that must be destroyed before your Claim maker can be destroyed, anyways, just a suggestyion.

First off, there are no ladies, that I know of, working with us, so yea :/ (unless you haven't told me something O.o)

Second, we do have a system like that, but instead of having a marker over it, you just have to have control over the planet for 3 turns, aka your ships have the planet, you have yet to lose a battle over it, and you can place orbital defences over a planet (it's a ship type). I just wanted to mention that because the main page is a massive wall of text, and I don't really know how clear it is to people.

I think with our system we have that without it being to complicated, but maybe having some sort of marker couldn't hurt. Some sort of explanation as to why it takes 3 turns to gain control over a planet.

First off, there are no ladies, that I know of, working with us, so yea :/ (unless you haven't told me something O.o)

Second, we do have a system like that, but instead of having a marker over it, you just have to have control over the planet for 3 turns, aka your ships have the planet, you have yet to lose a battle over it, and you can place orbital defences over a planet (it's a ship type). I just wanted to mention that because the main page is a massive wall of text, and I don't really know how clear it is to people.

I think with our system we have that without it being to complicated, but maybe having some sort of marker couldn't hurt. Some sort of explanation as to why it takes 3 turns to gain control over a planet.

My head canon for why it takes that long to capture a planet is that is takes a while to set up a military base to establish control of the planet.

Also, Phoenix is right as far as I know were all dudes here.

Okay, didnt know. Know you could say something like the marker has to initialise and then gain control over the whole planet's communications network, etc, etc. So basically the planet can be contested for those 3 ticks (can I call them that? I'm just used to playing RTS games and they run on a similar principle.) that the marker is being set up. However once it becomes active the owner will then control the planet. And I was thinking maybe having a system where we have I dont know, territory points or something, and each marker needs 1 TP per ick or something. TP could just be converted BP, for exampe i have 1 planet that gives me 2BP per tick for the first 10 ticks, then say I go and capture another planet, this means I now get 4BP per tick, but I have to keep control of the planet so I convert 1 BP to TP, this means I have 2 planets under my control and 3BP total. Anyways, just a suggestion along the lines of planet developmnet (PS, I wrote this in my room which is at normal temperature but I have dodgy hands so they are numb, so my spelling is atrocious XD)

And the reason for having the markers is that it gives the defender a chance to respond and, allows him to utilise his fleet by not having to post a fleet at every planet, which is resource intensive.

Edited by Caldari Navy

Okay, didnt know. Know you could say something like the marker has to initialise and then gain control over the whole planet's communications network, etc, etc. So basically the planet can be contested for those 3 ticks (can I call them that? I'm just used to playing RTS games and they run on a similar principle.) that the marker is being set up. However once it becomes active the owner will then control the planet. And I was thinking maybe having a system where we have I dont know, territory points or something, and each marker needs 1 TP per ick or something. TP could just be converted BP, for exampe i have 1 planet that gives me 2BP per tick for the first 10 ticks, then say I go and capture another planet, this means I now get 4BP per tick, but I have to keep control of the planet so I convert 1 BP to TP, this means I have 2 planets under my control and 3BP total. Anyways, just a suggestion along the lines of planet developmnet (PS, I wrote this in my room which is at normal temperature but I have dodgy hands so they are numb, so my spelling is atrocious XD)

And the reason for having the markers is that it gives the defender a chance to respond and, allows him to utilise his fleet by not having to post a fleet at every planet, which is resource intensive.

Ticks, turns, they are all the same. We get what you mean :P

As you can probably tell by the massive wall of text on the first page, this is already a little bit complicated, and I would like to try and keep it simple where we can.

However that gives me a idea, what if we made some sort of penalty for having more planets? You will still earn more BP for controlling more Planets, but it curves off the BP per turn curve a bit and should help keep the two corps more in balance. Maybe even just a 1% overall penalty for every planet you control, but that builds up overtime.

can you add a mod that adds more planets otherwise it will be like attack 37 of lythe phoenix ninja war and more interesting ground battle sorry for misspellings.

I understand what you mean. Thank you for pointing this out. Having the 37th battle of layth would be a bit boring. I would rather avoid mods that change the game, but having something that make things more interesting wouldn't be a bad idea. We will have to work out some way to fix this.

How would we go about explaining the addition?

"Due to the increased determination of the huge mega corporations to gain an edge over each other many of them started devoting un imaginable amounts of resources into research and development programs. Some of the results of these included improved deep space tracking and more refined sensor readings, these developments have in-turn prompted new exploration programs over the discovery of a new solar system. This system is far away however it is still close enough to reach with chemical engines and standard fuel."

Chief Writer signing off XD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.