[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

Hello.

I have been working on the 10x kerbin RSS configuration and I was thinking about adding KerbinSide to the mix. Looking at the configs it seems straight forward except I can't figure out how to set the RadialPosition. Would I have to alter it for a 10x size planet?

Hello.

I have been working on the 10x kerbin RSS configuration and I was thinking about adding KerbinSide to the mix. Looking at the configs it seems straight forward except I can't figure out how to set the RadialPosition. Would I have to alter it for a 10x size planet?

Yes, and you'd have to do it individually for each facility in each base since they're defined separately (probably not the most modular system but it's what we have).

So is the RadialPosition the vector from latitude,longitude 0,0 in kilometers?

No, it's x,y,z Cartesian coordinates from the center of the planet. If you take the norm it should be roughly equal to the planet's radius.

On Mac, using Steam, whenever I try to launch my game (using every add-on and the KKs mod only) it freezes and goes unresponsive on a random item during the loading process and stops there. Help?

You're out of memory. Install Active Texture Management, or cut down on mods

Hello.

Sorry, but Kerbal Konstructs is not currently compatible with resized planets. Really sorry, but you'll have to wait for a compatibility patch. I'm sure AlphaAsh and Medsouz are working on it.

Hi,

I just installed Kerbinside. AVC reports that RSS has an update. I noticed that all that RSS has in the folder is the DLL and some icons. I took the DLL from the updated version of RSS, but when I launched the game, it appeared that RSS did something. I have yet to play the new install, and was wondering if I should have left the older RSS DLL alone?

Hi,

I just installed Kerbinside. AVC reports that RSS has an update. I noticed that all that RSS has in the folder is the DLL and some icons. I took the DLL from the updated version of RSS, but when I launched the game, it appeared that RSS did something. I have yet to play the new install, and was wondering if I should have left the older RSS DLL alone?

More detail please? A log? You aren't giving enough information. I suggest further describing your problem on the RSS thread, they'll be able to help you far more than I can.

Can i spawn on the coastal extras' bases?

Coastal extras adds no new bases.... Just details....

Edited by Spacepetscompany

More detail please? A log? You aren't giving enough information. I suggest further describing your problem on the RSS thread, they'll be able to help you far more than I can.

Kerbinside all in one comes with the rss.dll. This is why I asked in here. I'll rephrase my question then: Should I upgrade the rss.dll or use the one that comes with the Kerbin-side all in one download?

Kerbinside all in one comes with the rss.dll. This is why I asked in here. I'll rephrase my question then: Should I upgrade the rss.dll or use the one that comes with the Kerbin-side all in one download?

Kerbinside All in one does not come with an rss.dll, neither does it require it. Once again, I suggest posting a log, and a bit more detail on what is happening. "RSS did something" is hardly enough.

I apologize ahead of time if this has already been asked somewhere.

I am looking for the easiest way to start a career game with the KSC away from the equator. I would be ok with using an alternate launch site such as the old KSC, but before I get into trying to figure out this mod, I thought I'd ask how launching from alternate bases is handled with respect to the upgradable buildings. Ideally if there were a way to have the normal KSC physically moved, I'd like to do that, so that I can have the nice new upgradable buildings to fly around/destroy.

Any help appreciated.

As I mentioned literally a post ago, RSS has the capability to move the KSC. As of right now, all launch sites are subject to the same restrictions, dictated by the upgrade level of the standard KSC. In addition, new bases must be bought before they can be used in career mode. Your best bet would most likely be RSS.

Edited by Spacepetscompany

As of right now, all launch site are subject to the same restrictions, dictated by the upgrade level of the standard KSC. In addition, new bases must be bought before they can be used in career mode.

This is the bit I was missing. That is the behaviour I am looking for, however I am looking to play with an alternate .cfg for real solar system;

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/96792-64K-v1-0-90-5-%28KSP-0-90%29-17th-Feb-2015

Which I don't think moves the KSC by default. Anyway, thanks though, I'll take my question to that thread.

Edited by Errol

I'm not entirely clear on how RSS moves the KSC. I suspect it isn't actually moved, it just seems to be due to the rescale of the planetary body, a complete change of the terrain map in the case of whichever RSS which models Earth, and then some clever manipulation of the terrain-map to create a flat area where the KSC ends up on the re-sized globe. As SPC pointed out, you'd be better off talking to the author of RSS. NathanKell is one of the most veteran modders on the forum and may have some pointers for you.

(And I keep meaning to ask if he's a BTech fan.)

Sorry, but Kerbal Konstructs is not currently compatible with resized planets. Really sorry, but you'll have to wait for a compatibility patch. I'm sure AlphaAsh and Medsouz are working on it.

Resized planets is really beyond the scope of the requirements for KK (medsouz might disagree). I have had some interest in forking KK to work with RSS but have not heard nor seen any progress of that particular project.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Um. The download link for the [All in One] and [Kerbal Konstruct] do not work the links open to a page that says "Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" in Chrome. Thanks.

Um. The download link for the [All in One] and [Kerbal Konstruct] do not work the links open to a page that says "Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" in Chrome. Thanks.

The All in One link is to KerbalStuff. I just clicked it and landed on the page at KerbalStuff. I'm not sure which one you mean by Kerbal Konstruct. I assumed the config updates for fuel tanks. Clicked on it. Expected dialog appeared.

Your problem is local, with your network, PC, OS install or browser. It's your end.

The All in One link is to KerbalStuff. I just clicked it and landed on the page at KerbalStuff. I'm not sure which one you mean by Kerbal Konstruct. I assumed the config updates for fuel tanks. Clicked on it. Expected dialog appeared.

Your problem is local, with your network, PC, OS install or browser. It's your end.

Thanks for helping debug it.

Sorry I missed the configs. I have them now. Thank you. As for RSS support the right question is would AlphaAsh merge in support for RSS if some one did that work. AlphaAsh has enough already just maintaining this mod.