Whoops. This is your brain on 1e37 ejectionForce

gabyalufix

So I was fiddling around with the new parts, when i noticed that decouplers now properly trade momentum with the parent part. So as the decoupler is sent backwards, you are sent slightly forwards. So I was thinking about building an orion drive part, so to test the theory I changed the decoupler ejectionForce to be 1e37. I also amped up the breakingstrengths and suchlike to 1e37. Again, this was just a test, purely to see what would happen.

Woooeeee. 15 seconds later I was 30,000 light years away.

ZYrWx.png

Using a 6-minute travel distance of around 6 million petameters, I calculated my velocity to be approximately 5.56 × 10^10 times the speed of light.

Whoops. Sorry boys. Don\'t think we\'re gonna be able to get you home. But look on the bright side: you\'ll hit the edge of the observable universe in about 10 months. So that\'s something to look forward to.

What the hell kind of supercomputer are you running KSP on? I just tried this, and didn\'t have a single in game second after 20 minutes. Also you must have been going far faster than that; the number after the altitude actually scrolls back to metres after passing Yottametres, and I saw mine rollover 3 times in that fraction of a second.

I want to do this, but I\'m too much of a config failer that I wouldn\'t understand how to change it. I WANT THAT PART.

Here you go; just a cfg-modded stock pod and decoupler. Enjoy!

Don\'t blame me if your computer melts.

So I was fiddling around with the new parts, when i noticed that decouplers now properly trade momentum with the parent part...blah, blah, blah...

Woooeeee. 15 seconds later I was 30,000 light years away.

ZYrWx.png

Am I the only one that finds it funny that the only one scared that they\'re going so fast is the pilot (Jeb)? ???

Yeah. Harlin. Pssht. More like . . . Harlame.

He won\'t be missed.

Edit: by the way, Kryten. The reason that it seemed like no seconds had passed by is that the decoupler must have survived and remained on the launchpad. If you leave debris on the launchpad, then for some reason KSP 0.14 doesn\'t recognize that you\'ve launched, and doesn\'t start the launch clock.

Am I the only one that finds it funny that the only one scared that they\'re going so fast is the pilot (Jeb)? ???

And look how contorted he is. He\'s almost doing the flying-into-the-monolith face from 2001.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.