What would happen if Kerbal Space Program was sold to EA?

pauldbk99

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
KSP on Origin (Which is good)

64-bit (Good)

Expansion pax (Good)

It wouldn't be so bad.

1. We already have Steam.

2. .24

3. Will be overly priced and honestly I don't want expansion packs, I want all content to be available to all players.

virus implanted by EA from downloading the game tracks everything on your computer including your strange monkey fetish

KSP would be horribly overpriced and put on CD's

multiple DLC's on the CD are needed to be paid to just to get accessed

Kerbal cup will become an actual game and will be called "FIFA: outer space galactic cup" and will get numerous sequels with better graphics and nothing else is added

Maxmaps is fired and a new producer will kill the rest of the ksp developers by doing a years worth of development in a month. then they're laid off, even though EA is getting billions of dollars in revenue from the sale of KSP.

EA buys the rest of squad and puts the employees in its own marketing division only to lay them off.

Mods aren't allowed in the stock game, and their developers are sued or hired and then laid off.

a new sequel of KSP has a market tie in with Disney, creating a unholy monstrosity.

KSP forum is filled with ticked off swearing 5 yr old noobs (and they become new moderators)

lets hope may this never ever happens to KSP, and let Squad make them look like evil tyrants (oh wait, they are!)by creating a awesome game and community.

Edited by gooddog15

Kerbal cup will become an actual game and will be called "FIFA: outer space galactic cup" and will get numerous sequels with better graphics and nothing else is added

You may be forgetting those all-important yearly roster changes!

(And the small fact that the multiplayer servers for the old version are deactivated as soon as the new version comes out.)

You may be forgetting those all-important yearly roster changes!

(And the small fact that the multiplayer servers for the old version are deactivated as soon as the new version comes out.)

oh yeah, I knew I forgot something!

also, EA will go nuts with the franchise, going from Madden: space bowl 20XX to Ultimate Kerbal tennis Extreme 20XX.

did I also say more people laid off? because EA loves to lay off people

Edited by gooddog15

KSP is already near-EA quality. The developers don't know what they're doing, since the infrastructure is not fit for development. Thus, the features are ridiculously sloppy and highly undone. The only non-EA nesses are the updates being free and the game harmonizing physics and gameplay.

I'm pretty sure that EA will not buy KSP since it fails to reach their standards.

1.You purchase KSP for $59.99.

2.The game comes pre-loaded with 1 CM, 2 types of fuel tanks, and 1 engine, Kerbin, and the moon.

3.Each other moon is only $5 each!

4.Every planet is only $20 each!

5.You can buy parts at $10 per part.

6.If you get super lucky, you happy meal comes with the part code for the M-1x1 Structural Panel!

KSP is already near-EA quality. The developers don't know what they're doing, since the infrastructure is not fit for development. Thus, the features are ridiculously sloppy and highly undone. The only non-EA nesses are the updates being free and the game harmonizing physics and gameplay.

I'm pretty sure that EA will not buy KSP since it fails to reach their standards.

The features are not sloppy and undone. Give me an example of that. Also, this game is only at 0.24.2, unlike the version 1.0 and super buggy EA games. Don't treat KSP as a fully finished game, as that is something it is not.

You will be executed for treason!!

Oh wait, wrong forum game..

Anyway EA is a pretty evil company, from employee standards, from unneeded lay offs during times of record profits, to the actual abuse of employees.

Besides, many of their main games are practically rinse and repeat, with graphics and roster changes. And actually, I found some of the sports games not to be at/passed the level of squads standards. Their animations are extremely choppy, and many appear to be just thrown together and never checked on before release. Also their textures are very subpar compared to squads, and many user made mods out there. You could say that it saves memory, but we are dealing with console games, and when comparing it to larger, better games with advanced animations and textures, it isn't even remotely acceptable.

Anyway, thats my opinion.

Edited by gooddog15

1.You purchase KSP for $59.99.

2.The game comes pre-loaded with 1 CM, 2 types of fuel tanks, and 1 engine, Kerbin, and the moon.

3.Each other moon is only $5 each!

4.Every planet is only $20 each!

5.You can buy parts at $10 per part.

6.If you get super lucky, you happy meal comes with the part code for the M-1x1 Structural Panel!

... and 2 years later we won't be able to play it anymore because they'll remove it from the download server.

you will be launched into the SUN!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.